Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To Glow or not to Glow on Wednesday

To Glow or Not To Glow on Wednesday...that is the question hahahaha..well I done did my day of day 1.....and had another good night sleep and when I woke up..boy did I ever want my coffee...I had to make myself believe that this would be over and I would be having that nice steaming hot cup of delicious coffee..

Yeah I was kind of edgy and then I said to myself.."Hey, Coffee is nothing more than Hot Colored Water"..sure it is..but I felt if I kept thinking that way I'd get through my most challenging moments..hahaha..

Got the Critters done with their breakfast and hurried my way through getting dressed and keeping my mind busy drinking that cold sparkling water..(yeah really delicious) and watching the time slowly tick by...Don't that amaze you when you have something like this to get done the time just drags by ever so slowly..

Ding the alarm went off and it was..On your Mark, Get Set, Head out the Door...and in a few minutes I was at the Doc's office and signed in...The nurse asked.."Did you make sure you brought a sandwich and something to drink"..I nodded my head..then she asked.."Did you make sure you fasted at least 12 hours"..again I nodded my head...then she pointed for me to take a seat and wait to be called..

Yep, like a little child I obeyed...and looked around the room and all those that had those patches on their arms were here for their stress test and were waiting to go back in...I wasn't wearing any patches..just yet..!

What seemed like an hour ..I then heard my name called and up I jumped..anxiously waiting to get this over with...boy I hate tests of any kind and especially ones that are gonna make me glow !..

The nurse gives me the nod and I follow..down the long, long hall...Gosh I felt like I was walking the "Green Mile"..and then she turns and says..."Ok, just go in this room and I'll be right with you "..in I go and again sit and wait...it's another waiting room and another waiting game but soon ..I'll be next !

In walks a tall dark haired nurse that I look at and boy she looks like I've known her and sure enough..She shows Dogs..LOL  So we get into a conversation about DOGS and about SHOWS and that took a few minutes then she sits down and here comes the rush...She attempts to find a vein...

Now for me that is almost next to impossible because of all the meds I take my veins are shot..and she digs and digs..I sit and squirm..and she smiles and I look like numb..then she attempt again and again..finally I lean forward and say,,,"Deb, you ain't gonna get it...and it's not gonna get any easier"..she shrugs her shoulders and says.."if I can't get this  I have to send you to the hospital."...oh those  wonderful words..I'm just one of those lucky ones...then I say..."Is there someone else that can run IV's here..like maybe the Doc"..she replies.."Yep, the Doc can but I'm the only one that does this...let me go talk with Dr K and I'll be back"...

Well, she comes back with another Idea....works for me as long as she's not digging any more...and she takes me to another room to drink a bottle of water...cause sometimes you need to be more hydrated for you veins to come up to surface and being I was fasted that sometimes causes problems..even thou I did drink a bottle of water on the way over...then she also puts a hot pack on my arm too...wrapped in a towel..well that took about a half hour and we had another go at it...but this time I showed her the vein I use for blood work..and said, "Please don't blow this one"..it's all I got left "...LOL..

Finally it worked and then she decided I was going to be given another drug instead of the one that's normally used...and it works really fast ..being my veins are bad that was the better choice...but wow does that drug work..made me gasp for air ..couldn't catch my breath then got really sick to my stomach all in the few minutes time..my blood pressure went 210 over 110...HELLO MOMMA...that part of the test was done and then I was to go out and sit again and drink and eat...ARE YOU KIDDING...

I did not do well..but I got through it..and as I sat in the lobby I kind of closed my eyes and prayed I wasn't gonna pass out...and in a little bit one of the nurses got me a coke and that helped..Next I had to be Scanned and then I could go home...You know that was the best words I heard all day... and I am so glad that part is over and that nothing really major went wrong..I mean the little stuff that happened..hey I got through it but I just wanted HOME...

When I came home I just tried to relax..had a Facetime chat with my friend Dawn in Texas and she's always neat to talk with..We do laugh alot..that's for sure...and then hubby got in and Critters were done and so was I...

Tonight we watched Big Brother and then after that I kind of slumped down in my recliner..and here I sit now getting this together and then I'm going to bed..straight to bed in fact Ms Reba is calling my name..demanding I come...hahaha...she's a sweetie but some days...HOLY HANNAH..

So with that one part of the test done and on Friday the second part..sure hope no digging and no funny feelings...but we'll see...:)

Good Night  All and those traveling  Stay Safe and as always..God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment