Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Day of Rest tis' this Sunday :)

A Day of Rest tis' this Sunday :)....and it certainly has been ..all for a few exceptions..but what the heck ...I mean it comes with my lifestyle..LOL.. The Critters must come first..it was and has always been my motto..cause they can't do it for themselves..Have to let them out and have to clean up and have to feed them...boy does that sound familiar ????  Like my hubby maybe LOL..yeah it's the marriage vows...now don't cha just love it..(of course ya do).

Morning I was up before the break of day..(normal routine) and then as all the rest of the house woke up it became the "Take Action"...as hubby went up in his den..hahaha..to study his bible school lessons he gives out..I was down in the kitchen getting the critters their breakfast...and of course Ms Reba wandered into her room..(her special place)  I got Zeke and Abby their big dish and walked in and Ms Reba was giving me the eye direction...like ok, Pick me up and put me on the top shelf..hahaha..cause her cage is on the top row and Mr Joseph was on the bottom...(you know I think she looks for him..just like me)...and low and behold she was hungry and ate her special pancake with a little bit of..(oh you'll love this) baked potato with sour cream..yep from last nights dinner..Like I said before.."What ever it takes to make her eat"..

When hubby got home from church (you know the long and winding road from church to home ) we had Orange Terriyaki Chicken Kebobs on the grill with Fried Rice...wow they were really good..and yes, we made oinks oinks out of ourselves...dessert will follow later tonight as we watch Big Brother...can't wait to find out Who got H O H  (for those that don't know) and just try to chill out as tomorrow is work day...for hubby ..!!!

This after noon I'm gonna kick back as my back is getting to feel better and I'm not gonna do anything goofy...I have to much to do this coming week and I need to be able to move around...Gawd it's terrible being stuck on a couch or in a chair...HELP..let me OUT>.lol..

I had made a batch of waffles up at breakfast time so I'll make us both an ice cream sandwich...the old fashion kind with napoleon ice cream..not bad..and the waffles were so simple I froze a bunch of for quick breakfast too..like pop em in your toaster...LOL..is that lazy or what...works for me..!!!

So that's about all I have done today and again Mr Murphy has been kind although I've heard a few of my Sistah's on our Forum ask me please not to share any more...I can't believe one even said .."I sent it through the I pad talk"..yes, Lenora you did..LOL..but sure hope you are feeling better and that Murphy has left the building..hahaha

Okie Dokie now I'll get back to my recliner and watch David Copperfield ..I had recorded it yesterday and I love those old classics...You all have a great day and if traveling..Stay Safe and as always..

God's Blessings Shine Down On You All !!

Recipe for Orange Terriyaki Chicken Kebobs..

adapted from Barbara Bakes (originally adapted from On A Stick)

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
pinch of red pepper flakes


1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes

To make the sauce: 

Set a small saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
Add the ginger, orange zest and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. (Watch carefully, you don't want to let the garlic burn, or it'll be bitter.)
Stir in the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, orange marmalade, orange juice, honey and red pepper. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside half of the sauce to serve with the cooked chicken, the other half is for brushing the kebabs.

Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (400-450 F). Oil the grates lightly (I use the tongs to hold a paper towel that's been dipped in oil and rub it over the grates). While the grill is heating, thread the chicken cubes onto skewers (we used metal ones, but if you're going with wood skewers, you might want to soak them in cold water beforehand).

Place the kebabs on the grill and cook, giving them a quarter turn every 2-3 minutes, until they are slightly charred on all sides. Brush one side of the kebabs liberally with the sauce then flip and cook until the sauce caramelizes, about 1 minute. Brush the other side with the sauce, flip and cook until caramelized, about 1 more minute. The total cooking time should be about 12-15 minutes, you can use an instant thermometer to verify that the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the kebabs to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving with the reserved sauce. 


PS...I used my George Foreman Grill..:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment