Monday, August 20, 2012

A Sad Day here on Monday

A Sad day here on Monday... got up early as usual ..let the Critters out and gave out meds at 6am..hubby came down early which kind of suprised me and as I was walking into the other room I head him say, "Medusa is gone"..WHAT ?  I came into the room and looked at him strangely.. "What do you mean she's gone, how did she get out".. that's what I thought he meant..cause her cage door was shut...he replied, "Nope, she dead" ..OMG !!!   I walked up to the cage and looked in...and there she was on the bottom..just sitting down in the corner..not turned on her side... that's why I didn't notice anything different cause she'd  always sit down in the bottom and wait for Zeke to come up to the cage and then she'd go into her antics..

This was something she enjoyed doing and making growling sounds and flap her wings, toss her head like a snake..and then the two would meet beak to nose... I often thought my stars he's gonna get that nose bit...but this was a usual act the two of them did... kind of like getting our attention..then Medusa would go up to the top of her cage and grab that bell and beat the tar out of it...and stretch her neck out and swing it from side to side..OMG it was wild...

I walked over and I saw hubby....he looked really sad...as he really liked her and she loved him..She would go bonkers when he'd come home just showing off for him to come over and give her attention...I'm feeling so sad for hubby as I know he will miss his buddy...and to think hubby said when I first got her "I don't want no parts of a dumb arse bird"... hmmm ..

Only thing I can say.."it was quick and Medusa didn't suffer"...she wasn't sick at all ..quiet yesterday but ate and last night when I went to bed she was up on her perch...She had a good life for 35 plus years and she will be missed. !

I know one thing..Medusa is soaring the earth now and who knows she may decide to bomb us with a few peanut showers..like she always did with the puppies we had..that was another one of Medusa's pleasures...

Hubby just came in from burying Medusa...He said, "I wrapped her in burlap and placed her in a spot that would get the morning sun..".. I know he's feeling the loss...amazing how these Critters become so much a part of your life and she sure was...35 years worth...RIP Medusa !

What a Monday :(...

May you all have safe travels today and as always..May God's Blessings Shine Down on All.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment