Friday, August 3, 2012

Flipping through Friday

Flipping through Friday...it was the last day of the work week and it was the last day of my Nuclear test..woo hoo...couldn't wait..and boy my morning went fast...Had a light breakfast which I was told to have and also drank a lot of water..felt like I would swish when I walked...:)

Got the Critters all fed and taken care of and then the phone rang..it was Debbie the Cardio Nurse asking if I could come in earlier.."Sure, if you can get the other Nurse to change my appointment time for my vaccine" I replied and then she said..."I'll call you back"..wasn't a few minutes later and everything was changed and I was out the door...Ziiiippppppppppp Color me Gone..

Had packed my lunch and a bottle of water and a bottle of Dr Pepper..the drink of my choice :)  I had put on a neat pair of capris and it was really hot and a tank top...I was gonna be cool..guess I forgot how cold it is in that lab..YIKES it was freezing..

Any way got in and got my injection ..thank goodness not a problem but I was hydrated so there for it went well..then was told to sit out and drink and eat as they needed all that good stuff to move through my body..and as I sat down the other nurse came over and grabbed me and before I knew it  I was getting my vaccine..

Ok, now I'm back at my seat and slowly start to eat part of my sandwich... I mean I cut it in quarters cause I knew I wasn't gonna be hungry..but thirsty I was ..so I open my lunch bag and grab my bottle of Dr Pepper ..turn the top and WOW  it was like Mt Vesuvius..it shot up in the air and came straight down ..guess where:?  Yep, you got it right in my lap between my legs I was covered with Dr Pepper on my White Capri's and everyone in the room looked and went..OOOOOOH..and moved at the same time...

I lost 3/4's of a bottle of Dr Pepper right in my lap...the look on my face had to tell the tale..cause I was shell shocked..and then I felt my face turn beet red..OMG..next thing I did was get up and attempt to walk to the bathroom...and laughing ..next thing one of the girls came over and brought some paper towels...

I went into the bathroom and had to take off my Capri's and my undies ..I mean I was soaked..and I attempt to rinse where I could and had to hold them under the hand dryer..and at that point someone was knocking on the door ..calling my  name..hahahaha...Did you ever try to put on wet undies and wet Capri's..some how they stick to you and don't wanna go up where they belong...

I should have know my day was gonna be a strange one when I posted my morning greeting in the coffee room and it disappeared after I hit submit...that was the on set for my next dilemma..what can I say other than Murphy done got me again !!

Got through the test and I was so glad it was over and I came straight home..I couldn't go no where with how I looked and felt...and hence the rest of my day was long...and even later on we had a storm roll in and lost power for several hours...Dinner tonight was McDonalds...ain't no better..

That's it as I'm now tired and can't wait for the morning as my Washing Machine is to be delivered..and then my work will begin...

Safe Travels all and God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment