Saturday, August 25, 2012

Did It up on Saturday :)

Did it up on Saturday :) ah that's right..started off with a good morning ...no major issues and that's always a Good MORNING...then got out of bed smelling that pork roast cooking in the crock pot...Lord help us that was an awesome aroma..even if it was wee hours..LOL

Critters followed me into the kitchen cause they were getting hungry...and so was I but it was way to early...LOL  but I had some reservations if I'd last that long...hahaha..

Got Critters out and in and even Ms Reba ate her breakfast..Hooray !!!! and then hubby come stumbling down the steps..Yep, he had gotten up early too..and I had my lists going cause Saturday is always our day of..parting with the bucks  (as he puts it) and lots of things to do...plus having company..OH BOY...

I whipped up a batch of Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting..now folks that's dangerous cause they are lip smackin good !!  Too dangerous to keep around..so if they don't go by today they head into church tomorrow with hubby...LOL

I had also made up some Hamburger rolls in my bread machine..well the dough any way and baked them off..another winner if I do say so myself...I've never froze them cause they don't last..LOL  this recipe is a new one as I normally do the Challah bread recipe...and you can't beat them..I've even made them into hot dog rolls...I hear ya.. am I nutz..YES..but if you've ever had home made rolls you would understand..plus I can make them cheaper...mmmm ok, ok, so I don't figure in the electric..but you use power anyway..so what's the diff...????  

Hubby and I also batched up my liquid washing machine stuff..LOL  I know I'm feeling the vibes...YES, I make Laundry detergent..and it's so simple and it does a really good job...I choice to do a liquid one instead of the powdered version I have...but both are really good and simple.. and guess what..think about what it cost you for your laundry detergent...lately..prices are going higher and higher..mine costs me about (are you ready for this ?) less than 20 cents per gallon...(do I hear a YEAH ?)...now hubby is saying "Less than that"..see what I mean..and yes, it cleans...and I also use..(don't drop your jaws yet) white distilled vinegar in the rinse ...that's to get rid of residue (if there is any) ..I do have a fabric softener...I mean hubby likes those sheets in the dryer..so I'm not complaining cause I buy them dirt cheap..(dollar tree)..

We did all this before 11am..Holy Hannah and everything was ready for company... Pulled pork on rolls with cole slaw and also had (which was brought in) a shrimp scampi pasta salad..which was excellent..OMG...I'll get that recipe...LOL...Lots of fruit and meat balls and gravy...too much food but it was really enjoyable and I made a big picture of Arnold Palmers..(for those that don't know it's lemonade and ice tea ) and a Sangria..for those that indulge  LOL...was a long day but it was well worth it..

Evening was nice and all the noise slowly disappeared..which felt strange again.  Now to get back to the quiet time..gawd I sure miss all that action and telling stories...guess I'll have to make sure when I'm in Florida that the Sistahs as they are passing through come and visit...kind of difficult for me to get out and about at this time...

Did I tell you I'm tired LOL..wonder why...but hubby will be gone most of the morning with his church while I have the pot roast on for Sunday dinner...yeah I hear Lenora in the background (as she's reading my post) LOL  she doesn't get it with all the food we make.. I keep telling her.. I'm Italian and we cook...but also hubby is not one for eating left overs the next day.. I mean he will but boy will he tell me about it...It's a thing with him since he had to do that all his life while growing up...  but I do towards the end of the week or if he is out of town.. I don't mind it..in fact sometimes they are better the next couple of days...but again like I said.. I usually gather up all that we have during the week and throw a "What have we " type of dinner  ...

Ok, I'm now beat and I'm ready to hit that sack and I noticed my Critters are slowly heading in that direction..soon as I give them their meds we is out of here...

Good Night All...Safe Journey and watch that Isaac...God's Blessings Shine Down on All...



No comments:

Post a Comment