Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Early Post on Thirsty Thursday :)

Another Early Post on a Thirsty Thursday :)  up and at em' again .. I'm beginning to think this is what it is and just go with the flow...if I get a couple of good nights..So Be It...other wise..just keep myself busy and get an afternoon nap...Not a bad Idea Ollie :)...
Morning was a little wacky for me..but I'm not surprised cause they've been getting interesting..guess I'm kind of expecting those kind of things.Got hubby off and on to work fed the Critters and pulled a fast one on Ms Reba..made her pancakes with her dry food ground up in them..hey she ate it and that's all that counts then decided let me make a fast get out and get ...

..Did a fast get out and grab a few things then back to the house and attempt to put away...LOVE THAT...and then had to do a quick mop in the kitchen..by the time I got done it was close to 9am and I was gonna take a quick shower...Got undressed and popped. (not that easy) into the shower turned on the WATER and NOPE...NO WATER...WHAT ??????

Tried the faucet again thinking maybe ..just maybe I didn't turn things on right..(like I've never done this before)....so I gets out of the shower walk over to the sink turn on the faucets..and..NO WATER...flush the commode..NO WATER..OH NO !!!...go into the kitchen and turn the faucets on...NO WATER...UH OH !...call hubby on the phone and says, "What did you do"...LOL 

Now those that have followed my blog understand that my hubby ..although he tries his best, is not a Mr Fixit...it's more like Mr Do the Damage Man...kind of on the order of "Tim the Tool Man"..so I hear him sighing and then says, "Maybe a Main broke..call the Plumber"...oooooooooooh my GAWD...then he says, "Call the Water Department"...???????.then I ask before I call..."Did you pay the Water bill"...see hubby was a comptroller and these are one of the things they tend to do..stretch things and extend and extend and cash flow, cash flow..drives me bonkers..I like to when I get a bill in pay it right away...and he of course replies..."Nah, I paid the bill check the check book"..lol He knows I know him too well... HELP... I'm standing in my birthday suit and critters are looking at me like...WHAT IN THE WORLD... yeah real pretty picture ....hahaha...

Then I says to Mr Fixit..."Where's the number cause I can't find a blessed thing".. so he replies "hang on and proceeds to rattle off numbers.. I have to tell him...."Hang On"  and find a piece of paper and no less a pen...I go over to his brief case and there is a bunch of mail..that he has brought in and keeps in piles till he's ready to sort...which by the way I dislike cause I'm the kind that wants to read it and get rid of it..

So I see this sheet of paper on the back is just blank so I proceed to write down the numbers he's giving me...like I'm taking dictation he's talking so fast...and the I start to dial the Water Department and on the other phone (yes, we have several lines from the business) I start calling the plumber...and the Water Department I'm put on the HOLD...and the plumber answers and sees it's me..and says, "Ok, what did Robert do now".. and we both laugh...see this is one of those..normal things that has happened in the past..like my portable vanity..that's another story some time...getting back to this Murphy...

As I'm talking with the Plumber I happen to unfold this blank sheet of paper..and turn it...and there it is in big bold letters.........Notice...We will be shutting the water off on Aug 9th 2012 for repair on etc etc etc at such and such time....
 I then start laughing and tell the Plumber what I just read and he laughs too..then I proceed to call hubby and let him know that he had this notice in his brief case and never bothered to look and see .. he laughs meanwhile I just aged another 10 years at the rate I'm going I'll be 100 if I'm so lucky 

Now all and all it was another event in my Adventure.. I mean a real good Murphy that seems to just want to stay around me...heaven help those that feel they can explain these things..I'm learning to just go with the flow hence my motto..LOL  See my humor has to keep up with things or..I might be in a padded room..never mind a padded bra !!

The water did come on as the storm came through and I thought to myself..Maybe I should put out buckets just incase...LOL...What can I say..it speaks for itself... oh and the storm that came in and left..had the power go off and on..and so did my Chicken ..not sure how it's gonna be but we'll pick at it  LOL

Tonight is another episode of Big Brother and boy I can't wait..

All traveling stay safe..and as always..God Bless....
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment