Thursday, May 29, 2014

Couldn't Wait For This Thursday

Couldn't wait for this Thursday.. as the night was a hard one for me.. most of it I just cried through and worrying myself to death over things I can not change.. but still the heart takes over and just whispers in your ear the beat of sadness.

Zeke so much wanted to climb on the bed and there was no way that I could even help him.. I took him by his collar and let him lay on the rug in the vanity area..

At 3:00am I felt Zeke come by the bed and check on me.. even in his pain he still was making sure I was ok.. and he slowly walked up into the front part of the house...

Then at 4am I felt this little wet nose come by me and touch me ever so gently.. it was Annie..she was out of her crate.. I must not have latched it.. as using my left hand always makes it difficult to do most anything...so she then climbed up in bed with me.. she lay still. which isn't like Annie..

When we finally all got up  Zeke was in the living room really trying to get up.. I walked up to him slowly and told him everything was gonna be alright...I had prayed most the night and morning.. I couldn't wait till 8:30am came as I needed to call the Vet..

I knew I couldn't get him in the car but if I could get some meds perhaps that would help.. so as soon as it got to 8:30am I was on the phone and then out the door to pick up some pain meds...

After 3 hours my Zeke was looking up at me.. I gave him water and I gave him about a 1/2 cup of rice and chicken and vegs with some of his dry food and he ate that down... then as I was giving the brats their noon cookie he looked at me and ok, I gave him is X Large biscuit.. he ate that.. I was just so happy he was eating.. with a big boy like this .. not eating is not good and they go down fast..

I had given him earlier pedialytes as he had diarrhea the night before.. and this would help him.. and he drank it down.. always good to keep in the house.. I was feeling better as my stomach was in knots...

Later in the day when it was dinner time.. I fixed a small amount for him and put it in front of him where he was laying.. but he looked at me and didn't go to eat.. I looked back and said, "Zeke, you want to come in the dog room and eat there ".. up he got and that's what he did... I didn't have a dry eye in the house.. I mean I was just so overwhelmed with how much he wanted to be apart of what he was so use too...

Most the night it poured and so I just leaned back on the couch with everyone just laying around as well.. got to play a little with Ms Shug and she's been so good too..

Now I'm ready for my Doc appointment for tomorrow at 7:30am.. and just pray he can give me something to ease this pain and give me back movement in my arm...

So until then I'm off to bed.. those traveling Stay Safe and as always God bless Us All..

No comments:

Post a Comment