Sunday, September 1, 2013

Can Sunday Really Be Peaceful ?

Can Sunday really be Peaceful ?....not in my house, with Murphy residing..I can only hope and pray. but apparently I cook too good !

As I must go back to what happened last night..(sigh) ..as I thought all was going better a strange thing happened...and of course it had to be with my Zeke..(shaking my head here)...My Zeke gets upset if I go and leave him..not that he carries on but he gets overwhelmed when I come back and especially when I let him out of his crate he charges at me like I've left him for days..which of course I never would unless it's out of my control..like a trip to the hospital..perish the thought.

Any how hubby decided to take me for a Dairy Queen..and I couldn't resist..so out the door we went and when we got back home ..I walked in and hubby followed but instead of me going in to let Zeke out of his crate hubby did...and with that Zeke came charging like a bull in a China shop..and next thing I knew I heard him yelp as he slipped and went down on the tile floor and his leg was extended backwards...OMG...this poor dawg has had many surgeries on his legs and now this had to happen..

I couldn't talk I got sick to my stomach and rushed over to him..Zeke could barely get up..once I got him up..he limped over to me and just whimpered.
All night I worried as he just lay on his side..tried to get up but had to be helped..

Here we go again another horrible scene..my stars when is this crap ever gonna stop.. I'm so worried about Zeke and all night long I kept my eyes on him thank goodness my pain was not gnawing at me and it might have been because all I could think of..rushing him into the Emergency Center where his Cardio Doc is and also the Orthopedic Surgeon who did Zeke's surgery several years ago when both legs were repaired..God Help Zeke.

By morning Zeke still wasn't moving much but let me know when he wanted up  and we began the routine of helping him up as he went out side..Later during the day Zeke seem to improve..although I was prepared to make that ride in the car..

I rotated his knee and moved his leg felt for any movement that shouldn't be there...Yes, I've done this so many times in my life I should have been a VET. However, I don't play the guessing game..and with Zeke's past history and what he has now it's always gonna be a strange situation..He can not go under anesthia without a Cardio Doc there..he has A Fib from when he was ill a couple of years ago with HGE..another horrible experience.

As I posted on the Social NetWork I did not mention anything as I tried to keep postive thinking going and besides I don't think many would understand how Murphy prays in my home...and affects everyone in it..

Towards later this afternoon Zeke was showing more improvement..Thank God he's able to get up on his own with me there and is slightly limping and that's  natural with the skid he took..and the extension of his leg. He did eat and I did keep it light also went out and  was able to go  potty without a problem..Thank Goodness for that.. although I'm still on him...I mean I am right there by his side..

Will talk with Saul tonight as he has hours and discuss Zeke and if need be I know I can bring him there. He's not running any temp or any swelling..and just now attempting to budge me to let him on the couch.. NO WAY...

So you ask, "how do I deal with all this"...I can only tell you..by the grace of God and with a sense of humor...for what reason all this chit happens to me I haven't a clue..but I look at it this way...It could have been a lot worse no matter what it is...it's the way it is with me 

Now as for tonight...the air mattress comes out and Zeke and I will be next to each other and I will have him on a leash..yep, he goes no where without me..we are like two peas in a pod..

Tonight gonna watch Big Brother and take our meds and get comfy for the long haul tonight..maybe I'll crochet a blanket while I go through the night..:)

That's my story and pray my next adventure will be milder..oh yes..I still have to call the Surgeon about my Tooth..that won't be till Tuesday and pray that I can get in real soon..

For those of you traveling Stay Safe and as always..God Bless Us All..

No comments:

Post a Comment