Monday, September 23, 2013

Here's Monday !

Here's Monday !...just like the ole Johnny Carson show entrance..I can hear Ed McMahon calling it out..that's how I feel waking up this morning..and again an early riser 4:15 am ..but I did take advantage...first load of laundry was going and so was I....then hopped on in to the kitchen..wait back up.. I didn't hop..I dragged arse into the kitchen..cause my eyes were wanting to close and go back to bed..hahaha..

I washed the rice (yes, washed all that starch off) and it was so murky it took me four washes..popped that into the "handy dandy rice cooker" added my chicken broth (oh you thought I just used plain ole water HA ! ) then placed my steam basket on top and filled that with the veggies ..closed the lid and pushed the buttons..gawd I'm so exhausted hahaha..nah, I just love that rice cooker..and let her do her thang !!!!!!!!!!!!

And then it was on with the rest of my chores..put on my pot of coffee and looked for a corn muffin..GONE????? ugh..guess what I had to do..but thank goodness for Jiffy..cause I had to whip up a batch of corn muffins..we love them toasted..don't use them for corn bread cause hubby is a Mississippian and it's got to be the REAL THING..just like Coke....but Jiffy let me tell you that little box is well worth it..and I buy usually a dozen boxes at a time..LOL.

Now I'll sit back and wait for hubby to come flying down those stairs and get out of the way.. I'll watch the news and then feel the breeze as he opens the door and leaves...my critters also watch cause they know better to get in his way... I'll hear Ms Shug say, "hello" but need to start teaching her "Goodbye"..then it will be on with the rest of my day...

Gonna use the Crock Pot today ..making BBQ Country Ribbs..have cole slaw and will make air fried French Fries..they are just like fried without the grease..gooooood !..

I have a few more baskets of things to go out into the rig today and I'll run the vacuum and dust maybe even have lunch out there..aaaah it's getting to feel like an Adventure in the making...but it sure feels so good to just sit in and relax..and I'm on the count down ..:) 

BBQ was delish..love that I just do a quick brown the ribs and onions put it in the Crock Pot and add some BBQ sauce to the skillet picking up all the fond and pour over the ribs cover and turn on high..Hello sweet thing !!! and hubby and I relaxed and enjoyed it too..was gooooood !

Later we watched the Voice..boy I really like that show and taped Dancing with the Stars to watch later on..darn when they all come on at the same time and now it's bed time.. Have a busy day tomorrow..have a Doc appointment with my GYNand also discussing Fosamax and my decrease of loss on my hips..don't want any issues there..

So with that, those trucking down that Highway Stay Safe and as Always..God Bless Us All..





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment