Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday Passed Like Gas! And Here Rolled in Tuesday

Monday passed like gas !  and here rolled in Tuesday....can I forget Monday and make like it never happened ?   Good Golly Ms Molly... alls I can say, "I hope I never ever make that mistake again"..oh yeah..

Monday morning I was so anxious to get this tooth taken care of ..to feel better..you know when somethings is bad and you get rid of it you feel better right ????? well I guess Mister Murphy had other plans (that s o b )..

First off as I was getting ready to take my shower, had already gotten my critters fed and Ms Shug taken care of the Telephone man show us..."HELLO THERE"...so hubby went out to see what he was gonna have to do...and my desperate mode I just said, "well, if you need to stay with this phone guy, just drop me off and come back to pick me up or I'll call a cab"..can't make it any easier than that..

Thank goodness though it only took an hour for the repair to be fixed and the phone guy didn't have to come in it was on all on the pole...and my pacing wasn't needed...well at least not then..

We got to the Oral Surgeon and walked in and the office was packed..Ouch !  I can deal with this and then the usual get up to the front desk and you get a stack (7 pages) of papers to fill out...oh Puh----leeeezzzz...

So I give it to hubby to fill out...like he should know all these answers as my brain has one thing on it's mind...GET THAT TOOTH OUT ...and then hubby starts to joke with me..well, I'm not really in a mood to joke but if I don't respond he won't quit...lucky me...HA!

As we all (the poor people in the office) look at each other we kind of look like we are lost in space..but instead felt like a blizzard...I couldn't help myself and then asked..."Is anyone chilly"...well it was like I opened Pandora's box..all at once ...OMG.. we all bust out laughing..we were froze...hubby then says. "well, you won't have to worry about bleeding.."...it was funny when you think about it... I gave him that nudge to the side...shook my head and just kept thinking this is all gonna be over with...

Now we got there at 11:45am and from sitting so long I could barely move my butt...switching cheek to cheek..then looked at the clock..omg..it's 1:30pm...What in the world..????  this one young lad sitting next to me was in really bad pain...and when the door opened up I just said, "hey, it's been really long here and this young fella is suffering..does any one mind if you take him first"... not that we all weren't having a problem but he was in bad shape..you know ya have to wonder when someone comes in that bad that they don't just take him right away that sitting was tough..

Finally my turn...wooo hooo..it's gonna be over with ..thank you !...and as I sit in the chair I get asked the same questions I answered on the paper work...duh ????  ok, now that I've answered in comes this Doc...joking with the nurses...and then looks at me and says, "I can't believe you are allergic to all this stuff.."...???????? ok, sorry Charlie, me either but it is what it is ..then askes when was the last time I was tested ???????? I can't remember it's been a long time ...ok, are we done yet can we get this over with......then he goes on about who tested me..????? OH NO>>..I nicely say, "Doc, it's been a long time but trust me.. it's a fact "...

Then he says to the nurse," give her  blank blank name and then turns to me and says, you need to be tested again".....now to be honest with you all.. I don't care right now.. I just want this tooth out..so let's get on with the show.

Now comes the good stuff...he attempts to start a line..HA HA ... and I told him.. " I'm a hard stick"...which he should know..."I'm a heart patient over 20 plus years and it's very difficult with my veins...can I have just Novocaine...he doesn't respond but goes from several places to the next arm... You got it I look like a dart board...

So I then say very nicely (which surprises me)  " You have one more try "...he laughs and thank goodness he got it..cause I know what my arms are gonna look like....CHIT !

He says a few things to me and then I'm gone..till I wake up in the chair and the nurse asks me if I want to get into a wheel chair...I was able to walk with her help to the recovery room which I was only in for a few minutes well maybe 15minutes tops when hubby walked in ... 

My jaw was aching and WOW so was my front teeth..and I could feel throbbing ...that surprised me.. I mean I've had extractions before and my mouth was numb for several hours to ward off a lot of the pain...well, guess what  ... not in this case.. I mentioned to the nurse, I'm feeling a little pain..she gives me a cold pack.. now he did give me some novocaine but that sucker was worn off ...I was having OUCH  like pain...What the @#*^ ...

Ok, now what happened ??  I asked the nurse and her response was, "You'll be ok..Doc gave you pain meds...and more antibiotics...and Oh Boy... lucky me.. so I looked at hubby and just gave  him the signal..."let's get out of here"

Home we went and he stopped at the Drugstore to get the scripts...the rest of my day was not good.. that area where he removed my tooth was stitched and even as far as the roof of my mouth..and I grabbed an ice pop.. that's all I could do and I did not do well... I took the pain meds and for about an hour I felt some relief but it came back ..felt like my mouth was on fire...Holy CHIT.. it was not a good night..finally I called the pharmacy and asked if I could double the pill..to get through the night...and I could.. once I did that I went out like a light...

Getting back to ...I will never do this again...not with this Surgeon..but you best know that when I can talk right I'm gonna really complain... I've never had this happen..could it be because of the infection I had..not sure but I'll ask my Dentist...one of the worst experiences I've ever had and that's including when I was a kid and went to the school dentist (who by the way hated kids ) in New York City... hence how my fears began..

Back to today.. is Tuesday and my mouth is sore but so far not throbbing and I'm gonna rinse several times with salt water to make sure I don't have or get any more infections...but have lots of meds to take...so I probably won't post tonight as I'm gonna make sure I get another good night sleep...with a few naps in between...been too long and my jaw is telling me it's time...

I hope all of you that are traveling Stay Safe and as always God Bless Us All...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment