Thursday, July 11, 2013

Murphy came along for the ride on Thursday

Murphy came along for the ride on Thursday.......and so it is said, so it is written....!

As I left off from yesterday's episode of the sprinkler leak went to bed with the plan I would leave and hubby would follow up after Mike was done....a good plan.....I could rest well.

Come morning I was eager to get the chores finished up..clean up the toaster, wiped out the microwave and do up the critter dishes..I was so anxious.  Hubby got up at 6am.  Game is on :)

I started to run the hot water in my bucket when surprise. My water was beet red...yep, beet red.  What the?????   OMG now what's with this...but I have hot water and it was fine last night.   Call the hubby to come check this out....his look was without saying, "what the #£%€".  Just what we needed.
So I called Clacy and asked if he knew what to do.  My thought were hot water is working it's got to be the sludge.  How do I get rid of it.   The cold water was fine..Clancy told me to call "Jim".  So I did and left a message.  Here we go again.  Can't leave till we know what's the scoop.

I sit down and just smile...ok, I will just get the rest of the odds and ends out in the rig...as soon as I got done Mike showed up and went right to work digging that area where the pipe broke...he sure don't mess around.

We dragged all the trash out cause it was also the big trash day and soon Jim showed up and sure enough it was what I thought and another tid bit of new the maintenance crew was working around the corner and had a break in the water pipes and fixed it and they flushed the system.  Wasn't I told ?

Now that would have been to simple but really nice....then my brain starts clicking....I just washed all my dishes in the dishwasher.  Uh.  Open the door look inside.  Yucko.  Orange/red. OMG. Gotta rewash all that AGAIN!

Ran the hot water for a long time and it did start to clear up. Thank goodness.  Now I'm ready to wipe down the microwave and finish up when I feel a crusty feeling in the upper inside.  Of course I yell at hubby, "did you splatter something in this and not wipe it up"?    Well you should have heard his lips smack together . So I lean in and look cause it's feeling crusty.  Sure enough I pull my cloth out and Surprise it's the coating of the white layer that lines the inside of the microwave.   Well I'll be a S O B.  I had to sit down and shook my head. The trash truck had just left and this Humperdinck was heading right out the door!

Good thing I had one large box left cause that houses the microwave now until Monday as Clancy will put it out....then as I take a deep breath Mike says, "Oh Zeee, we got a problem here".  These seem to be famous last words for me.......my facial expression probably indicated I was about to explode. I walked away and let the hubby handle this one..

Inside I decide it's time for me to head out...hubby comes in and I ask him quietly..."don't tell me, I want to get the critters in the rig and leave".  Shakes his head and I reach for Ms Shug.  "We'll put her in first and the others next".   Hubby then says, "let me get a towel to wrap her".  I feel no need for it and ask him to get my jacket and I'll tuck her in and zip up and she'll be fine....but NO, hubby tells me he knows best! So rather than have the who knows best game I agree....

Well as I'm holding her he comes in and covers her all HELL broke loose she screamed and bit. And I mean HARD. Broke skin on 8 of my fingers and hit the nerve on one.  Hubby got pinched and yelled and let go. I hung on for dear life and was dripping blood down my arms...I was so pissed. Well I'm going to HE'LL that's for dang sure.....why did I listen when I knew better??????

I wrapped my bleeding fingers grabbed that bleeping BIRD and walked out to the rig and planted her inher cage.  I had enough and critters followed.  Off we drove to the flying J in Georgia.  Fingers swollen that I could hardly hold the steering wheel...

Hubby called later to tell me about the sprinklers. Seems we had several broken pipes. When my neighbor had her trees cut down the guy drove over them with his truck...do I care...nothing I can do now.  So what ever lesson I am to learn.  Don't know. All I know is my fingers are resting on ice...

And there is always tomorrow.

Those traveling stay safe and as always God Bless us all


No comments:

Post a Comment