Thursday, May 31, 2012

What ? Another Wake Up Call on Thursday !

What? Another Wake Up Call on Thursday !...Surprise, surprise. Just when you thought everything was popping up Daisies...I get "Rag (not my dish rags either) Weed"...

I thought this morning was going rather well..Got up at 4am and thought, "Oh My I'm sleeping in a little "..:)  then on with my start..Trash Day too..Yeah, had to get the trash out..so I gathered my trusty worthy Dollie and off I went..Grabbed all sorts of Trash..Good Bad and Smelly ....(holding nose here) and I dragged it out to the curb..(end of my driveway)...and as soon as I walked in side (6:20am) the Trash Truck Arrived..but it was only for the Leaves and things..hahahahaha...a little later on came the "real" trash truck :)...and off it went to no man's landfill....

Then I got all my Critters fed including ME..I mean my coffee was badly needed and then I made a quick dash to get dressed without Ms Reba following me and giving me "What for"...and I got away with it too !

Then before I could say, "Jack Be Nibble" I was out the door and heading down the highway for ESCAPE...Woo hoo...I was on the road..First to pick up my Dawg Food.."Taste of The Wild "  (Wetlands) and visit with my friend in her shop...then on to my next big stop..Walmart...again I was smiling..and tried to find a Rubber Maid Step Stool...surprise..Walmart no longer carries them...(frowning now) but I did manage to pick up a few goodies.. like Sugar Free Ice Cream..now that was a big treat for me..

Headed back home to my Crew and got the EVIL EYE...when the phone rang....Now who could this be ????? It was my friend Mary to let me know my DAWG foor was on RECALL...OUCH...so I hung up and went on line to find out more about it..then called my other friend (from where I just bought it) and she told me that I was ok.. the bags I just bought were clear...then I asked, "What about the last 2 bags"..?????  as I don't keep the bags I dump the food in storage bins...HOLY CHITSKI...am I getting nervous.. I mean I've been feeding this food along with Verus and my Zeke is doing really well...

Should have known...the company that makes this food is "Diamond" and they have been off and on having recalls...because they get their supplies from China...OUCH again...well that's it.. I finally made up my mind after these two bags are done I'm switching...should have thought this out before going on to this food..The product itself is excellent if you can trust where they get their ingredients from..First it was Ethoxyquin and that was from Monsanto...and again that was the company Diamond..it makes many of the Top Brands..such as Wellness..all these healthy foods are or should be fined big time..

So I'm going to be switching to Evanger. They are out of Illinois and was started by a Dog Breeder (GREAT DANES) it's an excellent food..and I had thought before of using this product..but was talked into Taste of the Wild.

Luckily my Critters did not get sick or ME..yes, you're reading that correctly..cause being that I handle the food the illness could effect me..Salmonella...those words haunt me...and this has come about with like I said, "many major dog foods"...

This just made my day and I thank the Good Lord no one was ill and all that I've read they found the plant it came out of...and all I can say is "What a fine mess" .

After that episode I kind of had to take a breather and thought, "should I return what I just bought"..I did call my friend up and she didn't have a problem if I wanted too..but with Zeke I can't just change in mid stream and knowing that this food was ok...I bit the bullet but I will change very soon as I have to wean him from one to the other and make sure he has no major issues...it's never simple but you know neither is "Life".

Tonight I watched that Duet program..still not sure if I like it..but I do like the singers so maybe another week or so then I'll decide..still kind of numb from today's event..I should be use to all this nonsense..

No matter how well things are planned something is always a muck in my life and again no matter how much you "think" you know, you don't...so learn from each lesson that falls in your lap

With that I'm gonna say, "Thank You Lord for giving me Strength to endure another day"

Safe travels to all...and as always...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment