Friday, May 11, 2012

Today was a "Freaky" Friday !

Today was a "Freaky" Friday !  and I can't wait till it's over... Why?  Well now that I ask myself..."Why did I even think I'd have a quiet calm peaceful day"..When on any given day things do happen...Like out of the Blue.

Morning was wake up and make a mad dash to the front of the house cause Zeke was growling loudly...OMG !!!  That woke me and it had to be maybe around 1:30ish or maybe close to 2am.. Couldn't see as it was pitch dark but he heard something and his "hackles" were up...So that kept me a little on edge but slowly we walked back to the bedroom and I tried to lay down..(Good Luck)...

A few hours later we all got up and back to the front let everyone out and then it was get the water, get the pills, feed the birds, water the plants, feed the Critters and have my pot of coffee on...I'm breathing a little heavy...and oh yeah..when I opened the door there was like zillions of "Love bugs" all over the place ..when I walked I crunched...eeeeeeeeek!!!!

I came back to the bedroom and turned on my computer as I was expecting some data for a project I've been working on.. Opened my email and there it sat looking at me..a notice from USPS Global that my package couldn't get delivered and they needed me to take this notice to the Post Office..I had to unzip and download to print it out... at first I thought.."hmmm, what package, when did I order and let me look "   I re read the email again and it says, "package was held up in Ok"..now I had to go to my file cause anything I order on line I have a copy in there...I have a completed file and a work in process or order in process....so I checked and nothing showed up..but I also saw on this email that my Virus program snatched the file and if I wanted to open it I had to clear it...hmmm another little itch there...I then went on line and looked up USPS Global got there phone number and called..with the case number that was included in the email...Ah Ha !!!  spoke with the rep and it was a Hoax or better yet had a Virus in to gather up all your data...WOW ..so that was the start of  first Freaky incident.....next :)

Then as I was having my coffee Clancy called..he was coming over to "Wash the Roof"...ooooooooooh another loud and wet experience..but I'll have to tell him.."Clancy I know you do a good job but I can't climb a latter for you to show me ..so I believe ya "  hahaha..Clancy always loves to show you what he does and he does it well too...

So Clancy was up on the roof and boy it was noisy..but that's ok cause he's gonna be happy and proud and I'm gonna be happy he's done a good job...hahaha...well, if that wasn't enough I get a knock on the screen door and it's the AC man..."Hello".. I'm shocked cause usually they call and let me know when they are coming...Not today...nope they just showed up...

Again I tell the AC man.."sure go ahead but I can't let ya in..Dogs are in the other area...can you do everything you need from outside" ? He nods and away he goes and does his thing...LOL  I thought...but he has been here before so we just said a few words and that was it... He was done in about an hour and then he left..

Clancy got finished late in the day.. that man is a worker..he's there till the jobs done..and my goodness it was almost 5pm when he finished...I went outside and boy he looked exhausted and still had a few things more to go..but he said to me..in his nice calm voice and low..Barbzzzz you wanna hear the good news or bad news first..  My comment was....(I hung around my best friend too long) "Oy"...LOL...Give it to me slowly...Clancy proceeded to tell me that my "New" roof was losing it's finish in several areas...(my knees are wobbling) and plus over here...as he walks me there.."Look up"...so I look up and then he points..."The new gutters where the seams are .....are separating"....HELLO THERE...ANYBODY HOME....??????  That's my Brain talking to me...hahaha... and then he says.."That was the hardest roof I've ever done to clean.. I didn't think I would ever get it clean"...oh my stars !!!

"Now the good news"...I'm all ears..nothing left in the brain ..just ears...."It's not gonna cost you much"...and so he worries about how much he has to charge me.... and if any one would ever deserve top dollar it would be Clancy....I looked at him and said, "Clancy what ever it is you are worth every penny"...he smiled....aaaaah but my day wasn't over yet...cause ........

Went back into the house and as I sat there with the Critters I noticed that they were panting alot...Now what ?   Then I realized the house was feeling warmer..mmmm I know I was outside but dang it ..the house doesn't feel cool...let me go kick up the AC a bit... so off I go..turn down the temp and I don't hear the AC kick on...well I'll wait a few minutes....Nope nothing..let me turn it down more..and turn the fan on....NOTHING !!!  

I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach... Ok, the AC man always tells me.."Remember Barbzzzzzz, this unit is an ole baby so some day you're gonna have to replace it..."  and that was said again today..but we say that all the time...and she's never caused me any problems...NOW WHAT...???

Maybe the AC man didn't turn the unit on after he finished cleaning it..???? I'll go check...so out the door I go..and I see Clancy and I call him over..he comes quickly... I must have had that strange look on my face...He goes and looks at the breaker and it's on...but says, "Maybe it has to be reset."  so he does and I go back in the house and nothing...nothing...nothing..

Oh brother I look at the temp in the house and it's almost 90..YIKES...I've got to watch Zeke as he's panting a lot.. so I take him and Abby and let them stay in the carport with the fan going..come back in the house and call the AC company..get the answering service...and tell them..next about 10 minutes which was pretty good..the Tech calls me and I explain what happened...So he gives me directions on what to do..turn the temp setting all the way down and give him about 15 minutes and he'll call me back..

So I waited and then he called...Nope, no AC...Well, he was on a job and he'd be here within an hour...nothing more he could do till he got here...So that hour seemed forever...as always...the mind goes into fast OVER DRIVE..and I'm already counting out the bills for the "New AC"...I mean the unit is 16 years old..

Tech shows up and he goes right to the unit..within 20 minutes he was at the door.. I had this lump in my throat and then he says..."Well, what happened was the lid got closed and some insulation fell on the relays and it shut down the unit...I've got her up and running and you'll be ok for now "...Oh there is a Angel watching over me..cause I was sure as shootin' expected to hear..."YOU NEED A NEW ONE"...

Well that part was over with and on his way he went...and on to my next situation...I called the company that put my "New" roof on and spoke with the Agent who handled it...He tells me.."He's no longer with the company"...OH NO !!!  but he's in good standards with them as he just started his own business so he'll have someone contact me Monday morning and will follow through to make sure I'm being serviced.... I hope so I mean this baby was a big bill and it's just a year old or maybe year and a half...Good Golly Ms Molly !

My day isn't over till I shut my eyes..and right now I'm afraid to touch anything but it is cool in here ..and I ain't touching that AC...I'll put my flannels on first..hahaha...

I had one hell of a day...and I'm still ticking...What can I say..."it's been a revolting development and always a learning experience...

Hope all you traveling are having a great time and staying Safe...cause if you ever get a wild hair and decide to visit me..you're in for a few surprises always....God Bless

Ps..if this doesn't read right it just might be me or my eyes...LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment