Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday a "Special" Day !

Monday a "Special" Day !...This was my sister Alice's 75th birthday and she is with the Lord.. I miss her and as my day went along I thought of things she and I did as kids...

Woke up still with the "Red" nose and tissues in hand...had lots of things to attempt to do plus had to make the trip to WalMart..wasn't gonna be easy that's for sure..

Got the Critters done and waters my plants and fed my birds...all in that order...and then grabbed my coffee and out the door I went..and don't ya just know it...when I got there I got a  "Up front" parking spot and things were looking good..(so far)...got most my shopping done cept they were out of the very things I came for...WHAT ????? So in a few days I'll make a quick trip back cause I'm out of what I needed....:(

Came back and at mid afternoon I had me a big ole bowl of chicken soup..good for the soul they say...but it sure was good...that's one of the reasons I keep me old Pressure cooker still around..plus when I'm in a hurry I can whip of a batch of taters in a snap...hahaha...I have one of those electronic thingies..a QVC special deal and it's a 6 quart oval one too..lots of room to do up good stuff...

Kind of lay back after I put the stuff away and yep, whipped up a neat looking dishrag..I mean it's like the colors of the sunset..awesome..I'll make a couple of those up...for the holidays. Even bought some Christmas color yarn to do a few up to send with my cookies..Lord Willin'.

Spoke with hubby this morning and he was (his words) sick as a ole coon dawg...omg...now what..I'm sick and he is too...YIKES..it's catching..cept his is from eating "raw" meat...yep, you are reading correctly... He was at my God mother's house and she taught him to make "Meatballs"..and of course Lena always tastes her meat...but hubby never ate raw meat ..or should I say.."He's never ever ate raw meat"...so he did like she said,  "Taste it so you can tell what spices you need"...and now he's sick as a dawg...he's got the (what we call) 2 step..run to the bathroom, flip the lid...yep you know the rest...so he worked from home today..and last we spoke he still was in bed..but coming around ...

I don't think hubby will ever make "meatballs" again..now I make them but I don't eat raw meat..not today any more...I was raised where we ground our own meat nothing strange was put in it...and the meat was always fresh...many a days I'd help in the kitchen and cut the meat in cubes and put it through this big old meat grinder and turn and turn..we'd put it through a couple of times...poor hubby what a way to spend a day...:(

My niece Theresa called to let me know that she and her hubby Joe went to where my sister is laid to  rests...and that her other sisters called to let her know how sad they were today...... I suggested that she and her sisters get together and celebrate their mother's birthday..this will help ease their pain ...as it will also bring the sisters back together which is something my sister always wanted...I pray that God will heal their hearts.. Anything I can do to encourage the girls to get rid of their anger and realize how much they need each other...

Tonight I watched the Voice..everyone sang pretty good...I'm still voting for Juliet Simms..not crazy about her choice of song but she did a good job..in fact all 4 really did pretty good...and I recorded Dancing with the Stars..I'll do that tomorrow night too as the finals for the Voice is tomorrow...then more new shows begin...thank goodness for the recorder...

Now I'm gonna lay me down and say a pray for my sister...that she soar the heavens and now is at peace and with all our family again....

To all my friends traveling those highways...be Safe..and as always God Bless All !

No comments:

Post a Comment