Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Wake Up Blast on Tuesday !!!!!

A Wake Up Blast on Tuesday !!!!!  From my weather radio..eeek !...Run for the hills or wait..there isn't a hill here ...now what.????  Well at 3ish am this morning I heard the alarm blasting from my trusty Weather Alert Radio.

That sound is something you don't mistake...I mean I woke up out of a sound (I thought anyway for me) sleep . Sat straight up, eyes opened wide..Where, What and How Soon ????? All in that order too. I could feel my heart pounding hard in my chest...Even Ms Reba woke up too..so ya know it was a loud sound.

Heard the Weather Radio do their WARNING...and then I was at full attention..The First Alert was for the "BAD STORM"..and then came another one for the "Tornado" Warning..OMG....now that one does you in, Big Time !

The crazy things that come to your mind...Like where do I really go..What can I do..Dig a ditch in a hurry...I ain't laying in no ditch here not with the gators...oooooh I'm not a happy camper at all..So me and the Critters marched into the living room turned on the TV and just listened..intently too.

The rains came heavy as I listened to it hit the roof..ping, ping, ping...gawd I sure hope that's the only sound I hear..as it was too dark out to even see what was happening..but oh my that bright light that was having that cracking sound it was like over my head....ouch....not a good feeling.

So all of us (the Critters 3) sat on the couch and just listened to what was happening and brain waves were attempting to get what was happening under some sort of control...although if I heard the word take cover...well my feet would have not ever touched the ground going some where but no where.

Most of the day it was off and on with rain then we lost power..that makes ya feel good too...and my computer and radio went on battery stand by..ok that's not too bed when you think of it...but my stomach had the jitters.

As I look on my computer now and see what is still coming our way in the Gulf...eek...well we'll just have to deal with it and pray that all near by me will be safe...and coming towards evening well..I'm gonna make a pot of coffee just in case ...but in the mean time I'm gonna catch a nap for a few hours and so will the Critters..cause they are like my shadow...those brave darlings  hahaha..

If I get a chance I might watch America's Got Talent...and that sure has had some different acts..Strange, Stranger than Strange...I can't believe this is a family program...What's happening with them ??????

So Safe Travels to all and I just read that Carol will be heading back with her son when she gets released from the hospital..

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment