Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday for the :)

Waiting on Wednesday for the Roofer to appear :)... Yes, it was that kind of morning for me...The company that I had put the roof on was due to examine a problem or should I say, "Correct a problem"..

I got a call around 7am this morning asking if I would be home and could one of the roofers who was in the area working stop by ??????? HELLO..of course as I looked out my front windows..it was so dark and dreary I thought to myself.."The Heavens are about ready to open"...the roofer is coming to go up on the roof...???? Hope he has a large umbrella...hahaha

Morning was busy for me as I waited to hear when that Roofer was gonna appear...and I thought while I'm waiting I'll see if Clancy is around..as he washed my roof and he knew more of what was happening with it than I.. I mean I haven't been up on the roof lately..nor do I want to if I don't have too....Remember height and me is not an IN thing :)

As I was hurrying to get the vacuuming done I did the "Never want to do" thing... I stubbed my big toe on these bar stools that I have...now they ain't wood they is "Heavy Metal"..GAWD that HURT..and I went around limping...didn't even want to look at my foot...all I knew was I felt the throbbing in my brain...BIG TIME...bet it's black and blue....YIKES!!!!

When I went out side to sweep away those "Love Bugs"...(hundreds of them) my neighbor was riding by on her golf cart...and as I looked up...YEP, there was the roofer riding by..he missed me... I mean he was "LOST" and not in Yonkers...so I asked Val if she wouldn't mind and ride down where Clancy was working..(around the block actually at Mary's house) if she would let him know that the Roofer was gonna be here...

I had made arrangements with Clancy to talk with the Roofer and show him where the problems were.. and soon after Clancy showed up and we both saw the Roofer ride by again...OH BOY...hahaha..so I called the company to tell them there man was lost  and to let him know we are in the drive way watching him pass us...hahaha..it was funny I mean several times too..as he was on the next block from us..and then one time passed right by the entrance...it can get a little confusing in here .. I mean lots of loops to ride around in ...:)

After the roofer fixed the gutter and took pictures of the roof..he said, "It's not a problem at all and not to worry...but knowing me I'll call the office tomorrow and speak with the owner and get that in "Black and White"...

Val came back with her little dogie a Jack Russell and we sat and just chatted as Clancy brought out his kittens..they are so cute but those cuties grow up to be Big Cats..and with my Critters I don't need anything more..but it was fun to see and even that little JR was anxious to taste them..LOL  Oh and I had to tell Clancy which were males and females...and NO I don't want a cute kitten LOL...I got enough..

While we sat there it was enjoyable to watch my birds..right in front of us they flew in and ate..and looked at us..it was a show or I should say.."They put on a show for us all "...NEAT

Then I got another surprise...Betsy's hubby Dick drove up with a sack of great tomatoes..what a neat surprise and they are so good.. I eat one every day..and I just can't tell ya how appreciative I am.. and I was just thinking I missed going up for tomatoes..our Rooster man comes in on Wednesdays...
Thanks again Betsy and Dick they are delicious !!!

There was a workshop meeting today at our community but it's at 4pm and way to late in the day for me... my Critters get fed at 4:30pm and my meds are given at 5pm..and my brain is on the down side with my body... it's my fall out after dinner ....let's me take a break and just lean back and watch my birds fly in for their dinner too..and boy the Doves were packed in again...They get a hogging so none of the others can enter..have to do something to make some changes again..they learned how to get by with what we did...another new trick in the making....

Tonight watched American Idol... I don't know..nothing overwhelmed me at all...what songs...but I can tell you those judges are pushing for Josh...but for me I still think  Jessica Sanchez should win it..she is the most gifted voice...

Now I'm ready to pack it in and fall out..bed is looking mighty fine and tomorrow again is another busy day...not going out but house work and it's "TRASH DAY"...and it's get all out and to the curb before 7:30am..cause ya never know what time they're coming...

Have a good night and Safe journey to all...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment