Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday...the 13th ....

Friday....the 13th.....Wow..yes it sure was and still is... I'm not that superstitious as my Brother's Birthday is today...My Abigayle's too and my friend Paulette and hubby's secretary Paula...So see it's really a good day ...Also was my appointment day with my Pulmonary Doctor...:)

It was more of a surprise day for him !  He got to know that I was not a happy camper with him in fact as I went into the office and they gave me the usual paper work to fill out I politely told that..."This Doctor is not going to be my Doctor....so I'll only fill out the paper work for him to get paid for my visit and hospital care....

The girls looked shocked...(me standing so proudly I hail ) hahaha... well it was funny but I was really ticked off.. I mean how could you send a patient home from the hospital without cough meds when I was in for pneumonia and a double duty of it too...

The Doc was kind of caught up in the moment...like lost for words but did smile and humbly apologize...but do you think that mattered to me..oh no..not this gal... I had to spiel my guts out and let him know...hahaha..

I was on a roll and he was the bread I was parting ..or is it the sea  ????? any how he got the message... as he asked could he please listen to my lungs...and what really sucks is I still have a little crackling going on and I have to continue with some meds plus in two weeks get another Xray and come back in a month....

The nurse said, "Oh, you are coming back"????  as she smiled..but I politely smiled back and said, "Only to finish up my visit...but I will be moving on".. She understood and by the way she was from Connecticut and said the same thing as me.."Florida is not good with Doctors"... wonder why..... I mean I still call Florida..."God's Waiting Room"... they way I've seen how things go so far...

On the way back I stopped at Publix and picked up only a couple of things and treated myself to one of those "Everything Bagels"  which I had for lunch with my Chicken Salad...and it was darn good and tasty..

Bob and Diane were over and took down my lights but I did leave my front lantern still with the colorful lights..hey they run on battery so no big deal and they sure twinkle pretty and very colorful..not Christmas type but pretty colors...so they'll know I'm back here ...Whoopie :)

Oh my Woodpeckers are at the feeder...Mom and Pop are hanging out so they must have a nest near by... I'm anxious cause I think these ones are so neat..have to look up what they are called...but they don't mind the big feeder and it's pretty big and they can sit inside it...........have to try and catch them with the camera...

It's gonna be another cold snap again for the next few days so Diane and Bob covered my plants and I'll make sure I put some extra goodies in the feeder too.. and even HeCliff and Gertrude stopped by.. I went out to feed them as they were walking away and I said, "you want some goodies"... they heard me and turned around and wobbled quickly over and dug in...Yeah it's chilly and they are hungry...

My critter population is on and incline...wonder who'll pop in next.... this is so neat and I don't even have to leave my living room....just call me Ellie May :)

Have to call my brother and wish him a Happy Birthday.. that's about all the time I get to talk with him..once a year...LOL  strange dude...but I guess it comes with all families....

So that's about it other than it's Hot Cocoa time...and whip cream too !!

Keep warm and stay tuned...next page ....God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't all clear yet, but agree that the docs down there leave a lot to be desired! Also, if that was me you were referring to up there, today isn't my bday...it's the 24th. =). Let's not rush it, okay?

    Cold snap arrived here today too...with the wind! But I have started planning my summer travels so I'm already looking forward to summer! Planning on staying gone all of July and part of August this year, if the pets can handle it.

    Take it easy and get well.

    ReplyDelete