Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well Hello There...It's Saturday













Well Hello There...It's Saturday morning and we're in the Flying J in Brunswick, Ga... Hate to say this but ..."This flying J is not enthused about having RV's park here..they have their employees park the perimeter of the parking area and when the rigs come in there is only a few spaces that you can actually park.. Sad, cause we RVers not only fill our tanks but I know for one..We use all their facilities.. Hubby and I take our showers ...check what goodies are in their stores (if they have any) and always do breakfast...and on my last stop I do the dinner and breakfast...When the word gets out...I'm sure lots will only (if they have to) just fill their tanks and be gone...

Yesterday we were to meet up with one of the "Sistah's from the Women's RV forum group.. well part came about but the getting together for a spell didn't.. that saddens me.. We met up with Lori, as Ernie was back at camp...in our usual spot  off 95 . Was good to give her a big ole hug..but we couldn't join them  at their camp.. 

They are hosts at a Military Campground and there are restrictions about "Big Dawgs".. and of course Rotties in general...but she did get permission for us to just park for a short bit and visit.. My Joe was not doing well...and me being Momma Hen, knew if I left him with the Genny running I'd be a wreck beside him..and then I thought .. if I have to let the Critters out.. well I didn't want to cause any problems.. So I had to say, "next time"...I felt a big lump in my throat..and I could feel my eyes getting ready to go in "over flow " mode..

I was so anxious to visit too !.. Sometimes we plan things and it just ain't a gonna happen...you feel like doo doo..kind of scrape me off the floor... but we did hug and then said our "Goodbyes".. sucks..really sucks !

Headed to the next Flying J and yes, down in the mouth it was silent in this rig...seems like the last road to no where...we got to Brunswick, Ga. and low and behold that rest of the crap mode was to begin..

I did find a spot that I had to squeeze into.. had the hubby unhook the car and I zipped around ...backed her up and I'll be dang if they thought they were gonna box me out...NOPE... I can swing this baby around on a dime. been driving rigs almost 48 years...learned to drive an 18 wheeler and had to help drive years ago. Yep, had my CDL License...You know i loved it...maybe cause I was young..(real young) never thought about bridges..hum, maybe now cause I got more sense ! 

Any how, today is the last go around of this journey...but don't count me out just yet.. I mean I still have to drive into Wildwood, Florida. It's a little over 4 hours and we'll be at our "Homestead" . Can't wait..although (now that I'm just a tad bit wiser) the trip is not over... I mean we still have the unloading and if you follow me you know...well, let's just say, "it's another Adventure".

It's Breakfast time ...we'll have that and feed the critters lightly and then fill up the rig, hook up the car and mosey down the road...Oh, we'll have to dump too.. Thanks to this Flying J for closing their dump station.. they didn't just close it, they concreted that sucker...jeez..  We'll dump at my girlfriend's house (you remember my friends J & J the fighting pair) She's at a dog show in Atlanta, Ga...the boyfriend will meet us there...then on we go a few miles down the road to..."my hideaway" .

Catch ya later on !

No comments:

Post a Comment