Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Officially Sunday

It's officially Sunday... We are not quite settled in.. I know you are wondering... and it's good that you are..cause I promise I won't let you down.. Nope.. ya know I had another Adventure...it's just written in the wind with me...

Left Brunswick, Ga around 9am..(we try to leave early but ) after we had breakfast and critters had theirs..every one saluted the trees and what ever was near by... and it was boogie on down the road... Weather was great, just a little breeze...Not a bad morning...we had planned to just come into Florida take 295 around Jacksonville then on to I 10...to 75 and shoot right down to Wildwood...but we'd stop at our favorite rest area..

Yep, we did and had lunch there too.. and was just happy as can be.. Going over to J's house to dump the tanks as..believe it.. no place to dump and in town they want 50 smackeroos... They're NUTZ !. 

Got through dumping and heading to our "Homestead" aaaaah so good to pull into the drive way . Excited to see the house as my caretakers Diane and Bob painted my living room, dinning room, kitchen and hallway.. They love doing that stuff and just love revamping old homes.. So, hey I can't go wrong.. they willing.. I'm eager...:) and Bob and Diane are perfectionists.

Walked into the house and it's like a "new" home....looks so good I was beaming. The light coming off my face could have blinded ya... The critters 4 were so excited to be in the house.. My Joe even, he looked around and I saw a little twinkle in his ole eye.. I had put his special bedding on the couch .. where he loves to lay.. He was one happy critter.. Abby and Zeke were in a Indy 500 mood... they tore through the house and back out and in.. before I could say, "Jack be quick"... Yes, hubby was happy too... Bless his pea pickin' heart.

Next thing the hubby says to me, " Get out of my way".. uh hum, you don't have to say that twice to me... So I move to the side and let the man begin his thang.... I made a few phone calls as of course Bright house didn't connect the main TV...seems I owed them $3.96 which they sent the bill to this house instead of my Philly address which for the past 3 years they have been using..DUH ?   So I just politely said, " Dear, it's not your fault some idiot made a change on my billing without my permission.. and I'm not going to charge on my credit card that amount.."... silence on the other end... then I nicely say, "If the TV isn't on today, I want all your equipment out of my house or I'll start charging by the day for storage"... well, the poor girl gets the supervisor on the phone and that young lady says, Ms Barbzeee, I'm so sorry for the confusion, your service will be on right away "..I replied with "Thank you"... I mean after all.. I was brought up properly  HA..and I never raised my voice either..  That was the first call... and on to the second one...

CVS...I filled my script before I left and they didn't have one of the scripts in so that wouldn't be in till Monday..of course I wouldn't be there.. So I just asked the lady... Will it be ok as I'm leaving and my hubby will be back next week to pick it up... she says..."No Problem" (famous last words) well I have a message on my phone stating.. " If we don't hear from you we will cancel that script "?  WHAT... so now I have to call and ask..."What part of what I said, didn't you understand "?  I have to call on Monday.. the gal wasn't in who I'm to talk with.. Ok.. so that's for Monday..

I sit back to take a breather..cause I feel like I've just become the Ogar that I despise....and I see my Hubby limping in.. "What now".. "What Happened".. He then says,  " Neighbor came over while I was unloading said, "So glad to see you all  here".. He then says, " We are too and glad we have such great neighbors".. Val, walks away and Hubby goes to step back and some how his ankle buckled and he heard a POP ! 

His ankle is swollen and he's laying down leg up and guess where we're gonna be today... soon as I get the critters taken care of.. we is going to Urgent care and get an Xray.. Did I tell ya my Adventure wasn't over yet ?

I sure hope nothing is broken and just sprained...we'll see... why am I not sleeping yet.. cause my anxiety is in High Gear...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely there. Sorry about the hubby's foot - sure hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete