Friday, October 15, 2010

Cracking open Friday












Cracking open Friday.. It's Sunny Side Up too !.. Yes, today hubby and I  are going to bring my car down to connect with the Rig.. Our favorite mechanic "Pete" will reconnect the car and rig and re program the computer  ...it's  gonna be a great day... and then I'll be bringing "Mabeline "  home..

My anxiety level is a tad bit on the "High" side..and whose wouldn't be.. I mean thinking of getting in her and driving her has always been a rush to me.. It's been like reading a history book and then discovering all you read.. and sometimes in your mind you picture things a different way.. and when you see it.. It becomes a whole new world.. Like I remember (quick flash) when I went to Holland.. as a child I remember hearing about the Dikes  to keep the water out and the Wind Mills.. never realizing that there were so many different kinds and each did a different job.. all the canals..my word .. oh and I had to laugh.. cause when I drove through all areas I kept thinking the Hans Christian Anderson stories.. the boy with his finger in the dike stopping the water hahaha.. and  all the ice and everyone skating.. well at the time I was over there.. I saw lots of  water for sure and these what I would call Levies. You see in my mind the Dikes were like big Walls.. (goes to show you what our imagination does) oh and I saw lots of farm land and apple orchards and yep..the tulips.. and the flower markets.. I could go on and on.. My eyes were big as saucers I'm sure and I was just gasping..oh and I wore a pair of wooden shoes.. (they hurt too) and why they wore them.. because of the muck ..yeah all that water creates muck.. Ha .. they were able to work the fields and not ruin their shoes..duh ..but you betcha they wore heavy socks.. clop clop clop..!

I get these wild rushes when I think of all the countries I've explored and how I would remember of learning about them as a kid in grade school.. hmm.. me a kid from Brooklyn..traveling all over the world.. still amazes me..the people were just like me.. wanting to know all about how they lived and their cultures..one thing I did learn...how open minded they were and really how (even though I thought I wasn't) narrow my thinking was.

I've since broadened my horizon.. I can assure you.!  These feet have walked many a mile and absorbed much..only thing I have to watch .. is I don't lose my sole..(pun)  Yeah, I have a habit of doing a "Play on words".. as you read me you will eventually catch on ... I don't misspell the word .. it's done for reasons. Even the pictures I tend to use (which I create myself or with a little help from my friends) they seem to work into my message.. Question ?  Would that make me then.."Politically Correct " ?

Ok, Ok.... I'll get on with my day here.. My email has been hoping with letters from my Cousins.. and lots of pictures too.. it's been so long since this part of my family has been  inter acting with me... but ya know I'm just beaming.. ...I've learned another lesson here too... Forget about the past... just go on with the Future.. we can't change the past ..we certainly can a just the future... Keep Positive and  Zeee, keep your big mouth shut !  HA.. See I even make sure I remind myself..even if they want your opinion..you know better..cause most people don't really want to know.. they only want to hear what they want.. and Life is too short to bicker about small chit !

So now I'm writing my List.. gonna check it twice.. Uh oh I hear a song comin' on.. or is that Xmas ???  Ah yes them bells are jingling...just don't want to stay around for the "White Stuff".... heading due south.. come on Sunshine...make them bones feel better...

Catch ya later on... psst... Crock Pot will be in tow !

No comments:

Post a Comment