Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Schmursday, I'm ready for what's next !

Thursday Schmursday,I'm ready for what's next !. After what I went through yesterday...the rest has got to be a piece of cake..(Hoping)... 

We got out of town about 11:00am...(remember we were gonna leave early) well the hubby was running in and out and me and  my list checking off as he whizzed by...(it was like poetry in motion, in reverse)...but we managed not to be too evil. Some how I just think when things are at their worst or so they seem, it turns itself around.

So, we decided because everything else went (not as planned) wacky...we'd hook the car up once we filled the rig up with gas... that's when I should have put it in reverse...cause from there on..Ouch !..  

The brake buddy wouldn't work.. "What"  Yep, the brake buddy wouldn't work.. brought it in the rig plugged it in the cig lighter and it worked there..why not in the car..?  Simple... the fuse went in the car for the cig lighter...Now I have to tell you in all my years of driving..(51) I've never had that happen...again there's always a first for everyone  ... ok, so I'll drive with out it...just allow more brake time... and when we get to a place we can fix it we will..Now come on it's getting later by the minute and we're gonna hit DC traffic...

Now we proceed to get through Philly.. which we lucked out.. we were just ahead of traffic time for center city and airport..(something going right) now we get through Delaware..ok....we is humming along... Hubby then asks me.."Am I gonna take the "Key Bridge"... well, it's like this, I'm not crazy about heights and bridges especially since they revamped this bridge with their little shoulder barriers..omg...nothing there,it's like don't make a wrong move....or look out below.  

I decided I was gonna go for it... I've done this before, tuffin' up ...get over it... it's a short route and it's not that bad of a day. A little cloudy...better yet you won't be able to see much anyway..Ok, by George we're gonna bite the big one... I'm all proud of my self.. went cross the Harve De Grace bridge..(always stay in middle lane) no breeze so I'm not feeling like I'm gonna be tossed...and the colors of the trees...pretty nice...I'm hanging in there.. 

I tell hubby watch for signs for 695 E Key Bridge.  It's always been a left hand lane deal all the years I've traveled through...Hubby is grin'n cause we is just mosing along with the breeze...I move out into my left lane cause I'm ready...all of a sudden I see we are on top of the sign and it's now become a Right lane job..WHAT THIS>  Oh No!  no way would the cars let me over and now I'm heading towards the Baltimore Tunnel... Give me a break please...I tell hubby call and get help cause I'm not sure where or how I can get out of here...I merge over to the right and good thing I got over... in front of me a truck had flashes going.. he was slowing down  and I was right behind him... 

Now if you're ever in a muck.. did you know 911 will help you ?  Yep, sure will.. you must first tell them not an Emergency and would they please help...They gave us info on how to get out of the "new area".. See, the state of Maryland has now decided they want to look like CA highways.. with all those over passes.. you know the big turn jobs that are so high in the sky you might have a nose bleed... Just what I  really needed...OMG..

We managed to get off before the tunnel and swing around and head back north to get back on to the road to the Key Bridge...Joy to the World... Of course climbing in high altitude does a number on me... but I did it..yes I did.

Oh, you think that was enough..NOT !  Once we got out of that soup...we now were heading for another... Heading down 95, I decided to take the Silver Springs route.. (around the DC Beltway) and yep, it started to rain.. road was like Slippery Elm...and traffic..well at this part it was moving..but slowly. Hubby got to see the Mormon Church.. and that is awesome to see...NOPE no pictures sorry but maybe just maybe next time .

Now as we swung into the soup bowl coming around the bend we got into the Virginia/DC traffic.. If any of you have ever done this route of Traffic you know where I am... it's bumper to bumper and no one...no, no one will give any one a break...if you try to merge...well, just smile cause you ain't gettin in unless someone feels sorry for your asp !.... it was about 1 1/2 hours of traffic..creeping...crawling.. (goodness that sounds like a Halloween episode) and let me tell ya I just couldn't wait to get to that Flying J...my favorite one too. In Carmel Church Va at exit 104..wooo hooo... I was beginning to come alive...exhausted from the long long day.

Yes, we pulled in and even found a spot where I've parked for years !  It was like hitting a vein of gold in a mine... I was so thankful...the critters 4 were happy too...oh and the hubby...he white knuckled it.. and then says "Now that wasn't too bad"... Nope you're right....you weren't drivin' ....

Here it is mornin' time hubby did the critters for me and  said somethin as he walked by...sounds like..." I'm going back to bed"...uh oh... did I say, "we're leaving early"...

On to the next Adventure....

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a day you had. I would have been white knuckled too even in my short rig and might not have had the presence of mind to call 911 for help. That's why I avoid the big cities whenever possible. Love your blog adventures...even the scary ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing style...I was white knuckling as you were driving....so do you do most of the driving? Hope you have a safe trip....where exactly are you headed?

    ReplyDelete