Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sadness comes to me this Thursday

Sadness comes to me this Thursday.  My neighbor and yard man's wife (which I'm also close friends with) has been diagnosed with  Cancer.. She has a spot in her liver, breast and pancreas.

She and I became good friends  through our Needle Craft group. She has been having lower back pain for almost a year and going to doctors and no one has given her any reason for this pain.. Even went to a Chiropractor,  even had massages done...nothing seem to relive her pain.

Since I went back home in August, she still hadn't had any relief..only till a few weeks ago, she wound up with not feeling well to her stomach. Could hardly eat and then started coming down with a cold.. Legs began to swell and she could hardly catch her breath..

Her husband took her to the hospital and she was in Congestive Heart Failure and had Pneumonia... I came in and called to talk with my Yard man and that's when he told me she was in the hospital.. I called her and was joking with her and told her, "Stay in till they tell ya what the heck is wrong with you" I thought to myself.. Maybe now she'll get the right answers..

Well, today I got those words I didn't want to here...It hit me hard, as I can remember thinking, "Why can't anyone find out what's wrong with her "..Now I'm praying and hoping that it isn't too late...

We never seems to think a few pains here or there could mean something.. and if it goes away.. well, I'm OK...Could there have been maybe something someone could have done to prevent this from happening.. ?  I seem to always ask these questions...and lately that's all I hear.. Someone just being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer...

I'm at a loss right now, as she is such a neat person and I so enjoyed joking with her...and even her work.. her crocheting was a beauty.. We'd always ask, "What are ya gonna do next" and search for neat projects...

I pray she can beat this... that maybe again she's misdiagnosed..

Elsie and Clancey you are in my prayers !

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she gets some good medical care and that they can alleviate her pain. Are you going to be able to spend any time with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I hope I can.. She and Clancey live on the right side of me .. the way our homes are set up... I will call again in a few days as her family will be coming in. We just never know what is thrown our way...

    Thank you for your kind words...God Bless

    ReplyDelete