Sunday, October 24, 2010

Still Sunday but Update on Hubby


Still Sunday but Update on Hubby !



Well, we finally left the ER Room...and I'm glad we wasn't no emergency cause I think we would have spent our 9 lives !... Sometimes you have to have this demented humor, that I have been acquiring over the years through many trials and tribulations..What would I do if I didn't have it...??? Take the Gas Pipe?

So we sat, and sat and sat...and then looked over all the people that walked, crawled and bellowed into the ER room... Yes, it truly was a Movie of the 3rd kind.... Could have said, "It walks it talks " and still been "politically correct". I can only imagine the stories that come out of these situations... Who's sicker or who's close to the end...or even one more... Who's that sitting in the lobby that someone just dropped off with a note pinned to their blanket ????

Finally I hear our name called...and it's into another area...feeling like cattle yet..? "no, not yet ...but give me a few more hours and I'll moo pretty soon"...What seemed like an eternity...was only just another hour wait...all total wait time was 5 hours and from what I heard from others...We were ahead by a few....

In walks this Doc...well I thought was a doc..but wasn't...it was what they call Nurse Practitioner...ok, that's ok... I'm sure they're just to take the info that you just gave a few hours ago when checking in...So we begin with our story and we're stickin to it...Well I think we are... however, if it will get us out of there sooner...I'll tell ya anything ya wanna hear...:)

Then the 64,000.00 question..."Do you think it's broke"..hum...do I answer for the hubby or is it a multiple choice...Hubby perks up and says, " I'm not sure"..ok..sounds good to me.. I mean if you broke your foot.. you might not know, or would you????? When I broke my wrist .. I knew...???? I won't touch that topic....Ok, so how about let's just take an X ray... might not be a bad idea... then the PA says... Ok, why don't we take an X ray... I'm just smilin cause what else can I do... other than pace, or sit down and fall out ...

You know, I often wonder, I mean...how many times a day these words are said...why not just cut to the chase..Xray..find out first...then on to the next step.. Maybe I'm too use to "Get on with the show"...let me out of here !!

Yes, I'm a type A personality...No Frills just chills..get it done or is it get er done.... Hubby as you know is the Lay back take it slow and easy... drives me bonkers...ah that's why I'm the one that's had the MIA's ...maybe I might learn something from this episode...

Well, the X ray and the waiting game began and then it was another person who came in... I had to ask..."Who are you"... response was..."I'm the Doc"...HA..you mean there really is one here...hahahaha... Yeppers..he was quick too.. No fuss no muss... Just says, "No break, just a sprain...calls the nurse in.. Hubby gets what they call an "Air Cast"...(new one on me) and a CD..yes, a CD...(listen to my words by Hospital Doc or what)...it was the Xray on the CD....

Now it's time for us (as hubby says) put the chairs in the wagon and head back home...and still yet to finish up...Unloading the 400 lbs of dog food... but that will be tomorrow..cause hubby has to keep his leg up ...and rest till the swelling goes down...


I think I need a break myself..but no swelling..just clear cool water....

Catch ya tomorrow..Lord willin'

1 comment:

  1. Glad it wasn't broke. Check in with you later...off to bed, we are off to Quincy, WA tomorrow for our first day back on the road heading home to Blaine, WA.

    ReplyDelete