Monday, October 25, 2010

Did ya think I was gonna let Monday slip on by ?

Did ya think I was gonna let Monday slip on by ?  Not in ya life !!!... It was one heck of a day. Wished it came and went..but it didn't..and it was a follow up after Sunday's mess of dilemmas

I thought Sunday was gonna end smoothly. Why? I mean it's bad enough hubby is now on crutches...we had to go one more step. Yes, we did !  We decided we needed to get a few things in...and I can't just blame hubby I was just as bad.. My birds didn't have any food...soooo yes, we got up and went to Wally World (Walmart for those that don't know) and hubby had to drive one of those electric carts..and so did I.

We definitely looked like a team..cept my cart was faster than his. So the story begins. In the store (I bet this happens to many couples that shop together) I have hubby go in one direction to pick up things as I zoom in another...Now that's not to difficult, I thought (pays not to think) Everything is going ok...hubby is having a little  trouble trying to get the cart to move..I try to explain.. this is not Indy 500...cart only goes one speed...SLOW...but in his case.. It was slower than slow.

I'm zooming along and all of a sudden I realize I can't find him...Oh NO !.. Were could he have gone...so I proceed to finish up...and then start to look..Heaven help me..he's no where in site...The hunt begins...I zoom around again and again...the man is no where... I hear the loud speaker in the store... Isle 4 clean up... I think oh gawd I hope it's not detergent cause that always takes your breath away... and I'm still lookin... Where in the World could he have gone on that Slow, slow cart...

15 minutes have passed and I'm gonna go check out. This is wild and I've got frozen food in my cart.. which means I'm gonna have to go and pack it before it's melted... and all of a sudden I see him.. coming straight at me.. Grin'n and trying to tell me what happened... I'm dumb founded.. He's talking fast and I'm not having a clue... ok, ok, where, what, are you kiddin'... well, darling hubby got lost and couldn't find me so he went lookin...and the Isle 4.. was the darling hubby.. he made a turn and kind of knocked down a shelf of..(Oh get this )  DOG FOOD..the Huge bags.. and two busted open and dry food spilled all over..and he slid his cart across cracking over several chunks...OMG... He lost control of his turn  (on a slow cart) and he was laughing so hard...I'm sure that store never wants to see him again.. Oh, and he said, "he saw me but couldn't catch me and was yelling."   "Stop that cart"... laughing the whole time...

We go through the check out and the cashier ask.."Were you two in an accident"?   I said, "yes, life itself"...she laughed and couldn't get over how we just were laughing.. if she only knew... so now it's get in the car and head home..

I wish I could tell you the day ended peacefully....however, we pull up.. He limps out and I try to grab the goods... I walk into the carport up the steps open the door.. the hubby says something to me and I turn...Yes, I fell in the doorway.. right through the open door onto the floor and the groceries go all over...I hear hubby.. "Did you drop the groceries "?    as he limps over he realizes, not only did I drop them, I fell..  I'm laughing..(later not) how could this be happening and why isn't this day over....We did share a bag of ICE !


Here it is Monday and we had to unload the dog food ..both of us limping.. is that togetherness or what...I had a brain storm.. I figured how we could do it..without any more injuries...If the hubby will follow directions...and he did...We got er done..all 400 lbs and even took out the freezer chest...Our day was becoming a good one after all the mishaps...

My housekeeper Diane and Bob called and were gonna come over to help us and I told them if we couldn't do it.. we would be happy to have them help...Little did they realize I was saving them..cause if my luck was still running bad I didn't want any one to join us..(I'm a nice person)..

So they asked if we'd join them for dinner...go to our favorite restaurant.. which we said.. "Yes"...  They showed up to pick us up and both Hubby and I limped out.. they bust out laughing.. and we told our story... Entertaining over dinner... 

Came home and got the critters fed and leaned back to watch Dancing with the Stars and low and behold.. it hit Me and Hubby.. we had to make a mad dash to the You Know What... Yes, we got the Stomach Dance.."...We were destin to share all this fun...or was it just the luck of the draw...?

Here I am, writing my blog and thinking.. Is this all, or am I not finished yet ?
Only my laboratory knows...Wish me luck ...it may be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment