Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sad News getting through Wednesday

Sad news getting through Wednesday... it's one of those events no matter how you try to duck em'  it still comes at you.. Mine happened late yesterday.. I had a message on my cell phone to call my 1st cousin "Bill"... I just knew by the tone of the message that this was not going to be something I wanted to even hear.. and hear I did.. My Uncle "Bing" as we called him had passed away..

Bing was a "free spirited" kind of guy.. he got his nickname as a child from listening to the crooner "Bing Crosby"  he loved his voice that soon  James W would be known in our family till the day he passed as Uncle Bing... Lord I'm going to miss him..

He was the kind of guy that accepted you "As you were".. you needn't show him any frills cause it didn't matter to him.. He was a devoted "Catholic" and was involved with attempted rescues in El Salvador .. with the priests and nuns.. He was " the people's attorney.. He took your case whether you could pay him or not.. He was about "justice for all".. you might even say he was my "Superman"..

If ever I had any questions, needed to just talk, he was there for me and like I said.. "Everyone".. He had an amazing abundance of friends .. from all walks of life.. His brilliant career went on beyond your wildest of dreams..  and oh how he loved his "Golf".. and Football.. Yes, he was a "Bears" fan..

I am so glad I spoke with him a few weeks ago... I just had this awful feeling.. I had not heard from him in a while and Yes, I even gave him  my lecture.. We laughed and he promised me he'd call me.. in fact he said, "Barbz, I'll put it on my calendar .. I'll call you each month and we'll discuss our medical issues." and we laughed...  Oh, Bing.. I will miss you..!.

I guess I kind of did an Obit without even realizing it.. but you know these things are gonna happen.. and we have no choice..but what we can do is remember the person for what they were to you.. and not morn their loss.. as.. I feel..they no longer are suffering and now they have their eternal peace.. Something we all will have eventually...

My day today  will be  kind of  just flashing back of growing up together.. and perhaps I'll even yell at him.. I know he'll hear me.. might even give me a shove.. I might need it..

Till we meet again "Uncle Bing"

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your special Uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Zeee, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. But you are right, we will all have that eternal peace some day...and he'll be waiting to greet you at the pearly gates when your time comes! Maybe he'll even "croon" for you!

    ReplyDelete