Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's One Of Those Days ! Tootin' Tuesday to Boot

It's One Of Those Days !  Tootin' Tuesday to Boot .... Started the morning off as usually.. Only one up beside me and it was  Zeke.. did my morning ritual..Empty the dish washer fill the water bowls let the critters out one by one as they woke up to see what Mom's doing in the kitchen...

That was the good part..of course hubby is still up in the "Loft"..and today is the day we have to load up.. I mean there is no get away from it.. but back up just a bit.. remember I said, "This will wind up being a "last minute rush".. well, not tootin' my horn (cause it's tootin' Tuesday)..but it looks like that's what it's gonna be..  Beep Beep 

Yesterday we had to take the rig back to the dealer..to get that relay fixed..well the hubby never did load in the dog food..so that's still in the making..(gets better trust me ) ... Hubby had come home so we could bring the car and the rig down.. (that parts ok so far).. I jump in the rig ..ah so good to be in her... starts right up and I proceed to back her down the driveway.. Hubby giving me his most precise directions..( I can see him but can't hear him..but I can read his lips..shame on him !).. everything is going ok.. I then head down the road to the dealers.. thinking to myself.. "Gawd, this has to be the last time and we can finally get things done.."  Famous last words ...

I happen to look at the "new" window that was installed (on driver's side) Wing window..and it looks good..but for some reason my eyes continued to look up  to the top of the Main Window..(Front Windshield) and I saw this strange looking line.. thought is that a "Pine Needle "   .. I couldn't quite tell as the sun was hitting me right smack dab in my face.. ...huh..?   As I pulled into the RV dealer I then leaned forward.. and sort up stood up.. to get a better looksie... OMG !... yes !  OMG !  It was cracked... I called hubby from the window as he was behind me with the service man pointing to him regarding the back up camera and making sure the top part was re sealed..just in case...  

Hubby came over and I couldn't talk ..( now that's saying somethin').. I just pointed and he kept saying..."Speak up, Speak up..and snickering.. hummmm isn't he gonna be shocked... I gasp and say,  "  It's Cracked.. The Window is Cracked"...  Now it wasn't calmly I can assure you.. it was more like "Shrieking"... 

Now your asking yourself.. Huh  "Why didn't I see it before".. Well, I never drove the rig home from the beginning.. one of the service men did as the dear hubby didn't bring the tow bar.. and he had met me there.. so I couldn't  hook up.. ( are ya shaking your heads ?)...so hubby went back to work and I followed the rig back home then took the service man back .. Yes, it was a strange day that day.. the day hubby was gonna come home and  uh hum load the critter food in ....oh yeah !.

So now we're back at the (ranch) dealer and Wayne the GM comes out .. smiling until he catches our act.. I'm sure I looked horrified..no doubt and by the looks of him at that point .. so did he !. Oh, and I'm still pointing.. can you picture this.. I mean hand froze in mid air...oh yeah...make my day.. is this really happening to ME ..AGAIN...Uh huh...

I then say, (as it just rolls off my tongue).. "I don't care if the window falls out I'm driving this  to Florida.. I'm not staying to wait for a windshield..and most of all...I AIN'T PAYING".... 

The 3 men standing out in the road ..just looking at me.. I'm sure they must have all thought (including the hubby) I lost my "Ever Lovin' Mind'... and I probably had or have.. not sure which.. however, this woman is heading due south with or without a windshield.. and that's a fact Jack !!!!

As I'm typing.. the hubby is now running in and out the door..Yes, he finally got up... It's about 10am.. and I've been up since 4 am.. go figure.. but I've had time to calm down..and just keep saying to myself.."This is only a dream, you'll wake up soon"... but then I hear these murmuring words that kind of have a "southern twang" to them.. so I dunno..


Yes, we are down to the nitty gritty..and like the hubby says, "Stay out of his way".. I is !... I'm not stepping one step in front or behind... the critters are all excited.. the big boy, Zeke.. Just jumped in the window..(Bay Window)  I'm sitting here still typing away.. and saying.. "No Place like home.. there's No place like home"..Wanna Bet !!!


This day is gonna be a long, long day...and it's not over yet...!

psst.. Even the blog today is a little bit "iffy"... it's comes along with the rest of the good stuff :)...Don't it make my brown eyes.."Bulge"

No comments:

Post a Comment