Friday, October 8, 2010

Freaky Friday

Freaky Friday...Yes, it is and to make things really hard.. Last night was the Wake for my "Uncle Bing" and if that wasn't hard enough .. my hubby's aunt passed away.. Retha Mae... It's been a really hard go.. Lost my girlfriends Mother.. then my Uncle now hubby's Aunt... If you believe in the (3) count.. then  this passing is over...

It never is easy...as in the older we get the closer we feel to our maker as well.. My hubby tries to keep my spirits lifted and says in his twang, "Well, just be glad you could count the 3rd .".. Now out of the gloom I had to look at him and laugh.. yes, I did laugh.. as my hubby did inherit his Daddy's sense of humor.

Then he says, "Well this is one way of getting to see kin folks ya haven't seen in ages and they won't be lookin to borrow .".. what can I say.. the man has these gifts...and they do seem to hit right on target..

It's going to be a quiet weekend..more of reflecting on losses, I know it's Oct..and I'm still here in the North East...gawd...I sure wish that rig was home and we were loading her up....Perhaps I'll get to see those kiddies dressed in their costumes..and hear their chants.."Trick Or Treat, Smell my Feet..Give me somethin' good to Eat".. I'm smiling cause their faces glow as they recite that old saying... that will make this month a better one for me...

Calling next week to get appointment for the critters to get their check ups and vaccines..and the rest will be just waiting ...perhaps I'll convince hubby to let's take a drive...see some color changes..cause I sure do feel the weather changes...Maybe decorate the porch...and just sit back and take all the changes in...

So it might be Thanksgiving ..in Florida..before I get there..when ever..just be happy to make the trip safely ..when we can...This year my Uncle Bing was coming for the holidays...but I know he'll be there..in my heart..

As for hubby's Aunt..her passing was hard..she was stricken ill a few months ago with Pancreatic Cancer..for her family, it was a blessing.. she was in such pain..3 months to the day.. Retha Mae. you now are at peace no more suffering...

Sure enough these holidays are going to be rough ones...but time will pass...as the days unfold the rest of my Adventures....

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment