Friday, October 22, 2010

Fantastic Friday (Purrrfect)










Fantastic Friday (Purrrfect) has arrived...and quite frankly so have I.... Yes, today I get to meet up with one of my RV Sistahs and her notorious hubby (better known as the Sultan) Ernie. I'm really excited...it's not that often that I can get to meet all my dear Sistahs...but I give it a good try ! 

I'm right now at another Flying J in Latta, SC ...it's one of my regular stops I do on the way down to Florida... I love it cause it really helps me break up this long trip...being the "only Driver"...(hubby don't like driving this size rig and towing) and I can only drive max 6 hours and then I'm too "Pooped to Pop".

We pulled in here around 3:30pm yesterday and I was so glad...Oh you ask did I have a peaceful drive..mostly yes....but, (here it comes) I had to go over that 295 Bridge...now normally that one doesn't bother me cause it's a 3 lane highway and I've got plenty of room in the "middle lane"...but did that happen this time.. HA !  No Way..it had to join in with the rest of the gabbbbage!..

This time it had to have construction..and YES it was now down to ONE lane and it was right next to that "THING" they call a Sail..(who cares) and it's a GOLD painted one at that.. I mean that sucker was BRIGHT and SHINNY..like a new penny...Wholly Mollie...I ain't a gonna like this.. and I crept up on to that bridge...anyone behind me.. WHO CARES...and it was a bit WINDY...oh why now I mean if you don't like bridges let's make this one a THING TO REMEMBER... Hubby kept quiet...as I said to him in a nice manner..."If You Say Anything..."..he knew my last words would be embedded in his memoirs !

So up we go.. into the clear blue sky with this Shinny Object along side of me..(yes, it felt like if I stuck my arm out I could touch the blink, blink sail) and I slowly proceeded with a few Beeps behind me.. (you know never follow me up a bridge )...I kept going looking straight ahead, and then low and  behold this rotten no good mean sucker wind..gives me the biggest push from side to side..OMG.. and no place to go but down...HOLY CRAPPOLA... I goes...oomph...and hit the gas...let me off this BRIDGE.... Hubby's eyes got a big as saucers and the Critters 4 were silent... Am I just lucky or was I born to boogie...dunno...but I just don't like height and especially BRIDGES....

Yes, that was my eventful trip across that 295 Bridge...I'm smiling now..but I'm tellin' ya... I was chalky white. I told my hubby, "my hands were sweating coming across that dang bridge" his only comment was "Thank God, they didn't slip off the wheel "...Oh my I just thought.. you know they should make a potty chair under the drivers seat..for people like me...maybe next time..I'll wear a diaper...HA !

Any how we got to our Flying J..(love them) and all was well... now back to this morning...Hubby is off to take his shower and then bring breakfast back.. that's my reward for my day... then we'll get all the critters done and it's shove off to our next Adventure... This one I'm just tickled pink about..

Ernie and my hubby will be  just a grin'n as they tell their good stories and laugh about us gals...and me and Lori know the facts..We is the Boss whether they admit it or not...Yeah Women Rule !

After that hubby and I and Critters 4 will push off to our next Flying J in Brunswick, Ga... rest for the night and then we're just 4 hours from our Winter Home in Wildwood, Florida...wooo hooo.. I'm just a knockin' wood right now.

Can't wait ...but one thing....it's unloading time at the Ole Corral...OK..Coffee is perking and I'm a gettin' thirsty...sooooo I'll catch ya later...

Next Adventure on it's way !

No comments:

Post a Comment