Friday, November 1, 2013

A Shorter Wing on Friday !

A Shorter Wing on Friday...!  Oh my stars..well my morning went well and I at least felt better and was eager to have my company come..Doris and Jane  were gonna stop by in the afternoon and Doris was gonna clip Ms Shug's Wings..

First off my day started with a little sadness.. I had received an email from my dear neighbor Betsy and in it she wrote that Dick (her hubby) passed away yesterday afternoon...

Now I have been so worried about those two since they moved away in last July.. I just in my heart felt the emptiness.. as I so looked forward to each time I came to my winter haven ..and seeing those two..hearing Betsy laugh at my latest stories and how she and I would talk the talk..and Mister Dick, would sit back and watch us and smile as he knew I was always ribbing Betsy..

My heart felt the loss and how I wish I could just reach out and give Betsy a big hug..They were to me, the best of neighbor and even though they felt they couldn't do anything to help me..they never realized how much they did by just being there and keeping an eye out for one another..

Please those of you who read my blog ..please say a prayer for Dick and Betsy as tonight when I lay my head on my pillow I will thank the good Lord for having them become a part of my life...

Dick, now you are in heaven with our dear Father..may you soar the heavens and rejoice for no longer are you suffering the pains of what earth brought too you..!

This afternoon Doris and Jane arrived.. I was happy to see the two of them and even though it was a short visit it was a good one..except Ms Shug wasn't a happy bird...OMG..I have to tell you when I took Shug out of her cage she knew she was in for something and was she nervous.. had to grab a towel and cover her and with that Doris grabbed her neck (now I was nervous) hearing Ms Shug yell... I felt that.. I mean I was so worried about my poor baby..

Doris moved swiftly... I mean this woman has many birds ..big ones..Mc Caws and she moved right along.. I then spread the wing out as Doris requested..and then clip clip clip...next wing..HOLY CRAP...and with that I went to the other side...clip clip clip...done !...hahahaha...

Next we moved on to the claws..and again.. while she had Ms Shug by the NECK..in the towel..she did them claws and next thing I knew I was bringing Ms Shug back to the cage in the towel..cause I knew better..she was not happy and I wasn't gonna be her bone !!!!

After that we visited for a short bit and out the door they went...and I was worried cause I didn't know how Ms Shug was gonna behave..she was so quiet.. I think more shell shocked...till later on when I was making dinner she started to call me..so over I went with her night meal and she was ok..

Critters were quiet with all that action..hahaha..then after dinner I let all out and even Ms Shug..she clung to me and I was just petting her most the night and spreading her wings..she did try to fly but didn't go any where...Ms Reba was grinning I saw it...hahahaha

The Doctor's office called to verify my appointment for Monday and I spoke with the office manager and told her what happened.. figure I might as well set the ground work for Monday... and Pam, apologized ...now to wait and see what the Doctor says .. ought to be interesting...

Ready for bed and tomorrow I'm gonna head out to have lunch with Jane at our favorite Perkins..we'll stop at Walmart on the way home for a few things then take a rest on Sunday ...

Those of you traveling Stay Safe and as always..God Bless Us All.

No comments:

Post a Comment