Friday, November 8, 2013

A Nice Visit on Friday

A nice visit on Friday from a couple of my girlfriends from the Dog Show world..they are in town for the shows this week and next..and they are staying at the campground right in town so we can see each other..

Morning for me was great slept till almost 4:30am..yeah I know it's because it's really 5:30 LOL..but I'm ok with it as I do catch a nap in the afternoon..but today was gonna be a little bit different as I was having to of my old friends come for dinner..and that is always a nice feeling.

Weather wise it was ok..and great for showing (in my old days) not really hot and not chilly..but just great for the dogs..and the show this week is in Brooksville and next week in Ocala..so I'll have company a few nights this week as well..

I did work on the baby blanket and I've got another two good days on it and it's done..it's an easy pattern but a little strange working from corner 2 corner ..but I'll be anxious also to see how it goes when I do up a couple of ponchos..I love making little things and sending them on as surprises..

Later this afternoon the gals showed up .. I made Eggplant Parm as being it's Friday I'm a no Meat kind a lady..it's a thing from when I was growing up.. our house was always NO MEAT on Fridays and Holy days of Obligations..yes, I'm Catholic and hold habits (no pun intended) LOL  are difficult to break..

I did have a bottle of Lombroso to serve with dinner.. had pasta with it and a big salad (Seinfeld) and made a cobbler..blackberry with vanilla ice cream..have to say "Nothing left"  and that's a good sign..

They'll be back on Monday to visit and let me in on all the scoop..LOL we dog show people are great gossipers..all about who's the top dog and all that stuff.. they'll also stop and see Jane at her booth as she is Vendor at both shows and I'll see Jane also on Tuesday too..

It's good seeing old friends as they've always been good about stopping in when they are in the area..and I would do the same with them as well..sure miss the dog shows but can no longer keep the pace..

Tonight I just sat back and did a little work on that baby blanket and cleaned up and tomorrow I have to head into town pick up them ear drops and a few things from Winne Dixie..

Tomorrow is Hubby's birthday..sure do miss not being with him but we'll chat on Face Talk and that will help..it's those hard times again..but we'll get through it..and hope and pray we both stay healthy.. I don't need any more surprises..

Critters are doing pretty good..and I'm amazed with Ms Reba ..God sure is granting me some nice time with her..she is doing pretty good for her age a little problem with being steady on her feet but her mouth of the south works fine to let me know what time it is..

Ms Shug is doing great on her new food .. and hardly any waste ..nothing like before and no major messes for me to constantly vacuum.. thank goodness..sure hope this keeps up.. and yep, she likes Eggplant LOL..

Well it's that time and I'm ready to hit that bed and dream so great adventures..all of you traveling stay safe and as always..God Bless Us All..

No comments:

Post a Comment