Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Good Feeling on Tuesday

A Good Feeling on Tuesday... my morning started off great.. I mean everything just fell in line.. Critters got done and Ms Shug is doing pretty good on her new regiment of feeding (so far so good but sssshhhhhhh) and the day is looking good as well.. My oh My !!!

Today my friend Jane and I are gonna head out to our favorite place for lunch/dinner and sit back and just enjoy .. our waitress is a doll and everyone knows us so well..yes, we are known as the Girls are back in town LOL..

A little twist though as I sat pondering about that pup I saw at PetSmart by the Marion Animal Shelter.. I began to think....YES, I should have taken him home .. this pup was just so cute and really I connected but was I ready for a "New Babe".. would Zeke do well ???? Ms Reba would get her nose bent out of joint and being she's gonna be 18 would this be an over load for her>>>>???

So I sat and thought and thought and finally I called the Shelter and he was still there...UH OH that did it.. I called Jane and talked with her next thing I know I was picking up Jane and heading up to Ocala...here we go..

It took forever and a day to get there the way they gave me the directions..but we pulled in the parking lot and I took a deep breath walked in the place and said, "Hi, I'm here to adopted "Gunner".. that's the name they called him.. and with that the woman said, "oh my I'm so sorry, Gunner was just adopted about an hour ago"...my brain went into a nose dive and I looked at Jane and said, "Well, it wasn't meant to be"...

Jane said the same thing I said, "He then went to someone special"...yep, I hope and pray he did.. he was absolutely adorable and his eyes swallowed you up .. then they asked would I like to see the others..well being I was there and Jane looked at me.. we then followed them down through the door and down the path of so many that need homes.. OMG I was looking at all of them and their eyes were the Wanting Look...so many Pitbull Mixes..and desperately needing homes.

Unfortunately I came home empty handed as most were older and I knew that wouldn't at this time be the right choice with Zeke.. and I need to consider the fact that he is the Dominant factor and with the A Fib he has I wouldn't put him in that situation.. a pup would be fine but an older dog ..NOT ..

After we left the shelter we headed to our favorite place to have dinner and we talked about the place and I have to tell you.. they really take care of those babes.. everyone looked good..and clean.

Homeward bound after all that and I was just as happy and all was well with the world.. gave my crew their hugs and fed everyone.. Ms Shug was out and happy and barking up a storm..she's so cute right now as she looks like a little chick again without those big wings..

Now I'm ready for bed and my car is parked for the day LOL... So with that I hope all traveling Stay Safe and as always..God Bless Us All..

2 comments:

  1. Hi BarbZee: Just read your recent blog - for the first time. I 'connected' with the description of finding a new adoptee at Petsmart. I, too, have gone that route. A few years ago I fell in love with the kitties featured at Petsmart from a cat sanctuary in the area. I've since adopted three kitties (one has passed away) and am a monthly supporter of the work they do. It's called Kitty City in El Dorado Hills, CA.
    Currently I have my two rescue kitties, Eleanor and Lincoln (that's Roosevelt and Abraham - heavy duty monikers), and my Standard Poodle, Lacy, in my motorhome traveling throughout North America. Thanks for letting me stop by ...
    mary-pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Mary-Pat..glad you could stop by..I alway try to encourage adoption as there are way too many that need loving homes...I'll be interested in following your blog as well...I think a it's fantastic for those that can get out and see our good ole USA. And meet some interesting people...it sure becomes a small world...God bless Zeee

      Delete