Thursday, October 31, 2013

Oh Happy Halloween on Thursday ......Wooo Hoooo :)



Oh Happy Halloween on Thursday .....Wooo Hooo :)...

Tis my favorite holiday really...ever since a kid I so enjoyed going our and trick or treating...we'd grab some old clothes and a cork from an old wine bottle Momma would save us..burn that and then smudge our faces and  grab our stocking with flour and out we'd go...most back then would give things they made and boy they were delicious..candy apples, fudge, cookies and some penny candy..lots of times it was those dots on paper..and of course the famous MaryJanes..yep and my best of the bestest was the all day suckers .Those were the days...and plus we never really did have fancy costumes..guess cause none of us could afford them ..but we did have some wild masks..mainly we were either bums, Indians, cowboys/girls and ghosts...yep, I remember them days way to well..(big smile on my face)

Today was just another good day for me..even got a call from Jane and Doris and they'll be over tomorrow to clip Ms Shug's Wings...gosh I'm gonna her miss her flying to me..but also safer and she won't be able to chase Ms Reba too much...I still think she'll try..

My treat today was watching old horror movies.. I have a bunch of classics that I recorded..Dracula, the Mummy, the Wolfman, the Invisible man, Frankenstein, and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein..LOL..yeah I love those classice..

Called hubby and he was having a flock of kids all wild costumes and enjoying himself..we always made a big thing of it..sit out on the porch and have our pot of hot chocolate ready for the Adults and have our kettle with goodies and have the kids come up and do their routine and tell us who they were..yeah, that part I do miss of being back home.

Here where I am is over 55 community..they have a Halloween Party up at the club house and they enjoy it..maybe one year I might go...but I'm to dang tired or maybe to lazy hahaha...

Now it's the end of my day and tomorrow I'll be busy so with that I'll say.."Safe Travels to all and God Bless Us All...
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic! Good luck on clipping Ms Shug. My PJ tries to fly to me but can't go to far. It's been almost a year since the breeder clipped his wings but he is still a little aprehensive. I agree, it's safer! Glad you are feeling better and on the mend! Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete