Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Another Surprise on Tuesday :(

Another surprise on Tuesday :( ... Morning was for me busy and had to remember not to get to involved as I had a Cardio Doc appointment at 3pm ...

So I manage to get a few things at least caught up and noticed my Redi Whip was swimming in some murky water so that's on the agenda to get cleaned as I have to dump the whole tank and wash everything...it's that black stuff...yucko..

Also have to cook a batch of chicken for the critters it's that time again but that's also on for tomorrow....ewwwwwwww the list is beginning to climb again...Guess you might say I feel like a revolving door...swinging round and round...

So off I went to visit the Good Doc who keeps changing my appointments and this ought to be good...OH YEAH...Good it WASN'T....!!!

My blood pressure was up up and away.. 200/90...YEAH GAWDS...where was I going and I never felt any different and ya think I'd feel something...but that goes to show you how silent things can be and how quick they can happen..

My major problem is I've been taking Lopressor for ages 100mg twice daily and with Cozaar 10mg and that combo has worked fantastically...but lately CVS says, "They can't get Lopressor"...and I had to go on  Metoprolol...which in the generic.... that's ok as long as it works cause when I've been in the hospital that's what they've given me....but work it did not..well not today ...or the last time I was at the other Doc as my pressure was up..but not as bad as today... I mean I'm lucky I didn't hit the jack pot...

So The Good Doc ..kind of freaked a bit and then said very softly.."I'd put you in the hospital as with all that metal you have in your chest this is too dangerous but I'm going to change your blood pressure meds ..however, if you have any problems call immediately and if pains in the chest dial 911."

Well I could hardly speak at first then I started joking as I was nervous but he wasn't willing to go along with me...so now I'm on the edge a bit.. but did take my pressure tonight.. and I got a ready of 150/78 which is a lot better and I just took the new meds Labetalol HCL 200mg twice daily...WOW

Pharmacist said to "Watch this drug as it will drop my pressure quickly and maybe to low"..mmmm so to take pressure reading before and after...so I'll wait an hour and take again...just what I needed..

Oh and becareful getting up to quick...yeah I read that too..YIKES..so now I need to pay more attention and hopefully this will regulate out.. I go back in a month for another blood pressure reading... sure hope this works and causes no major issues...

Now that's my story and I'm wiped out and can't go to bed till my next pressure reading...and after that it's color me sleeping..

Those traveling Stay Safe and as always...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment