Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Somber Tuesday

A Somber Tuesday as both hubby and I tried to ease our pain...The phone calls and posts along with a few "Face Chats"..were such a warm feeling..knowing others cared as well..

Hubby and I did the reminiscing of how our sweet Abby came into our lives and all the events of happenings...we laughed, we cried and it did us good.. Ms Reba and Zeke have looked for Abby...as they would go out and pass by the pad she layed on they checked it out heavily.

Breakfast and Dinner time were even rough...no matter what I kept grabbing Abby's bowl..even did the .."Come Get It"  and she'd be first in line...I cried and had to stop a few times..

Last night was awful as I could sense her being... I mean where she would have been laying...even hearing sounds of the floor creeking as she'd walk by the bed..even the bump.

I woke up at 2am and came up to the front of the house ...looked around as if she's be in her donut bed..her favorite.. I haven't moved it and I can't not just yet.

As our day went on we were not wanting to move any of Abby's things...nope not just yet..and I watched Zeke several times look around walk in the dog room and come back out ...looking like he was puzzled. They know something is not right...and I do believe they sense more than what we give them credit for.

Towards the end of the day hubby and I just gave each other a hug and we know she's now no longer in any pain and most likely grabbed some cherry mahogany ..hope it wasn't any one's golf wood...:)

Now as it's time to go to bed. Zeke has gotten in his spot and so has Ms Reba..hubby is already snoring...poor guy has been on a whirlwind since he's landed ..trying to work and having to stop to help me make another day.

And so we go on and as each day passes my heart will heal ..and as soon as I bring Ms Abby's ashes home she'll be with us again parked right next to Joseph.

I thank you from the bottom of our heart for the kindness you all showed Robert and I...it means a lot and I pray that God's Blessings will shine on you all..

Safe travels to those that are on that road of Adventure and as always God Bless Us All...

Good night my Sweet Abby we will meet again..in my dreams, in my heart and one day at that bridge helping me walk across

2 comments:

  1. Barb & Robert

    So sad to hear about Ms Abby...I was thinking about all of you on Sunday and Monday as we were traveling. I hope you have been able to get some rest. Know that hugs and prayers are being said for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Barb. It gets easier and you can remember all the good times without the sadness. Give the other dogs some extra hugs.

    ReplyDelete