Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Wishful Wednesday

A Wishful Wednesday....our night was calm and as I cleared the room I could feel my tears coming..holding it back is not always easy...but as hubby and I began to just settle in I could tell he was as choked up as I.

Morning came and like normal I walked down the hallway and looking over at Abby's bed.. Zeke passed me and went right to it...He's been searching for her and when I opened the door he darted out into the carport again going over to her pad..sniffing and searching.

Those two were like two peas in a pod and it's gonna take him a few days to calm down...and by afternoon he settled down and just would watch the door..

Yeah even the critters know and sometimes I know I've said this before .."We don't give them credit for knowing"  perhaps it's just taken for granted..don't know.

This afternoon hubby and I could talk a bit more about all that happened without feeling that lump in your throat..and as we spoke the strange things is and we both agreed...with all the critters that have been in our life it seems now with our age it's affecting us more...

I guess it's because at this time in our lives we are with them more....as in before I was working and showing dogs on weekends ..spending time of course but not so intensely as I am now..Strange, I guess so..but it seems to engulf me more.

Perhaps I also associate my fur babes with me being ill and they are so close to me..I don't know, but it is a fact.. I've lost many in the past with age and felt the loss but not as deeply as I do now.

Hubby says jokingly, "Cause I'm getting close to one foot in the dirt"...darn that southerner..but we did smile...I almost laughed but then thought....perhaps he's right  HOLY CRAPPOLA !

Tonight we relaxed and watched American Idol and with Ms Shug doing her Thang and I have to tell you if I had a camera going it would have made the best of the best she was just out of her feathers tonight...As the girls sang, so did she with a high pitch ...I bet she hit "High C"...above "E:"....:)

Now hubby is getting ready to head back home tomorrow...I will miss him and I know he'll have lots to do.. as coming down put him way back at the office.. and as he told me.."There was no way that he couldn't come...it was a  HAD TOO..."

It's time for bed and I'm wiped out and it will be on to getting life back together and remembering all the fun things and how great it was to have been so lucky.

Thanks to all of you for those caring words ..I just wished you all could have met Ms Abby...she was such a Joy..

Safe Travels to all and as always...God Bless Us All

PS...Todd...you are the greatest..thank you for all your kindness and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment