Thursday, November 15, 2012

Whoopee ! Computer Solvent on Thursday !

Whoopee ! Computer Solvent on Thursday !..... I finally did it..yeppers I did.. Went out early this morning..well not too early but after critters were fed and went to Walmart...did some looking around and my RV Sistah Dawn had bought a Gateway and was saying, "how she really liked it" and so I took a looksie...and I was gonna by the Dell and then thought.. mmmm they are a great computer but dealing with their TECH service..NOPE.. and I've heard good words on Gateway's service ..so I thought why not... I mean I've had Sony which I really loved and I had her over 10 years and she would still be going if I would have unplugged her from the cable box...ugh.. but any way I bought this little unit and it's got all that I really need..as I do connect with my other computer at home..and that's a big baby.. Dell..and a truly a monster unit..

So I'm please and so were the critters cause they were examining them boxes..oh yeah even bought a wireless keyboard..as that's one thing I dislike about the laptops the keyboards are so small..

I had a little problem attempting to set up but it wasn't with the unit itself it was with my router..as that got zapped back to default and when I called the company on how to go about resetting it... They wanted to be paid for their service which I've never used...and of course because I was out of warranty..well I got ticked ...and so I just said.."NO THANKYOU.."  I'll google it or I'll call a friend and ask how to reset so I can lock in my setup.

Windows 8.....what can I say...??????? Not a dang thing cause I'm a hit and miss myself right now... I mean I have to figure how to move from one site to the other without getting caught up in the MAZE....hahaha

Tonight I'm just gonna go up on YouTube and take a few lessons..and of course I still have to figure how to turn this computer off.hahaha....yeah you need to find them Lucky Charms and Go for it :)

I looked for instructions but didn't see anything and I was waiting for the computer to tell me what to do as that's what the screen was saying.."You'll follow the instructions.."  but I never saw anything more..oh my.. well some where some how I'll get that down too...

Have to make a rescue disc...that I have to figure too..hahaha... I can always dial help LOL..might have too..but wait.. it can't be that difficult..??? can it ????

Wait till hubby calls tonight... now I know he doesn't know Windows 8..he's lucky if he remember Window at all...he has the inside help.. the techs at the office...lucky man.. maybe I might bake them some cookies hahaha.

Ok, that's my day today but I did it....I finally did it.. now let's hope and pray I'm happy with my done deal..hahaha...oh and I'm making another cowl..last one and it's really purrrty..LOL

Those Traveling stay safe and as always..God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment