Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shopping For Shuga on Saturday LOL

Shopping for Shuga on Saturday LOL..oh boy was it ever..I couldn't believe how happy my produce man was...not to say that I didn't chuckle as I did my check off list of what would make a Umbrella Cockatoo named Shuga...WOW...

First off morning was rather interesting as Ms Shug (as I call her) gets antsy at around 7:30am..I see the sheet (which I cover the cage with) ruffling..I mean like the wind is blowing and I hear her making little noises...and then finally I walk over to it and lift the sheet and just as I do I see her face up against the bars and says, "hello"...hahaha..cute and I'm tellin ya "smart".

She knows I'm not going to open that sheet until she hears me talking..cause I get up so early I do the water for the Critters and then take my morning pills then lean back and watch the weather then at 6am comes the Ding Dong bell for Zeke's meds in which he and Abby and Ms Reba get their little bit of pill pocket..(you can't give one without giving others) and then I let Zeke and Abby out..and sometimes Reba if it's not too cold other wise she has a diaper..and no big deal ..cause at 8:30am when I get ready to make their breakfast they go out again just before and boy I'm telling ya they is zooming back to get their goodies...

Now Ms Shug she gets her breakfast at 8am ..water, seed mixture and then the veggies and fruit..and she's hungry not interested in anything other than.."Where's my Viddles"..which is good cause that keeps her busy for me to do up the Critters breakfast ..then guess what..I'm next..whoopee..hahaha

Yeah my coffee and toast of which I give Ms Reba a little and now Ms Shug..yep a corner of a piece ...please leave me some then it's on to the next chore of cleaning Ms Shug's Crate...and by 10am I give her a bath of warm water in a spray bottle and she now is loving it...helps with the dander and loose feathers...yeah does the trick..

Well this morning was my shopping spree.hahaha..boy was it ever.. I got Ms Shug (as my produce man enjoyed my story) Cranberries, Grapes, Apples, Broccoli Cauliflower and Carrot Mix, then a bag of Kale and Sugar Snap Peas, some string beans and corn on the cob..holy Hannah it was Ding Ding Ding along with Cha Ching too...and I even looked for some nuts (wait I was one LOL) you know the loose nuts that use to be out around Thanksgiving time.. I didn't see them  ...they have Walnuts, Brazilian Nuts, Almonds, and Hazel nuts..they would have been perfect but no where to be found..perhaps next week when I go to pick up a bag of Dry food for the Critters I'll find them..

Almost left the store with out something for me..WOW and Double WOW...this is an ongoing thing..Oh and I did buy a bag of Mixed veggies to cook and add to rice too..another rice deal and perhaps put some cooked kale in it too...golly this sweet thing is gonna be enjoying her dinners..she's a good eater but only learning about veggies now..so lots fell through the cracks and of course my critters were right there to gather up...

I had to laugh when I gave Shug the string bean...she attacked it..and carried it around looked so strange but she did eat some of it...soon she'll get into the swing then next I'll start taking her requests hahaha...forgot to buy sweet potatoes...what can I say...????

Most of the day I kind of just leaned back ..played with Shug for a bit...but still keeping her to a limit and she isn't being too bad..being a baby it's so important to make sure I don't make her a WACKO..as I have to remember my time with her and her lifespan don't match so who ever she goes to after I leave this world I want to make sure they "Love her"..cause I'm praying I do the right thing!

Reading so many horror stories and then hearing others how they have a really sweet one...tends to make me believe that it's what you put into them that matters...

Now the key is for me to try and stay at least reasonably healthy.. I mean I do have heart disease and all the rest of the crap that goes along with it and not to mention Thyroid, and Diabetes..hey I can go on..but I'm maintaining without too many issues...and if I can make sure I have no accidents..like falling..and when I'm tired remember to just stop and take it easy...yeah..sounds good ...

So that's my story and I'm stickin too it..and now with my new addition I so appreciate God's wonderful gifts even more...She truly is a joy (so far) and my Critters are making sure that I don't miss them..but never..just have to be really careful with my Zeke..he's got that eye on her...and Ms Abby she won't bother cause she'll associate keeping her with more food..I mean Hover didn't get her name for no reason :)

Ok, now I'm dragging pushing these keys on my Gateway..LOL and so I'm going to say..."Safe Travels to those on the road and as always God's Blessings Shine Down On All"..

No comments:

Post a Comment