Saturday, September 1, 2012

Off we go Saturday

Off we go on Saturday morning..had to bring my car in for inspection..and I was so happy to hear from Ike... He owns the shop I've been taking my cars to for repairs and inspection..and he's always been an honest and right up front human being.. He and I go back along time...and have had some rough goes with our medical history..

Ike and I were in cardiac rehab together after my  heart attack, yep that's how we met and boy we both went through some rough goes..and he and I became good friends and would boost each other up as we did our work outs and go through all our testings at the same time...and when I learned he was a mechanic and where his shop was..hubby and I started taking our cars to his place.. and I can say with great pride "Ike has always been honest and fair and does excellent work" 

So out of something so scary came some good results...friendship, and a decent human being that believes everyone deserves a chance ..and to see what Ike has done for the fellows that works for him is another story of it's own...some day I'll do a little story on that... Ike also sponsors the kids in their efforts to get uniforms for their teams and well I could go on and on..but today it was good chatting with him and knowing he's still holding strong and lookin good !!!

Oh and the good thing.. Ike called to let me know all I needed was a light bulb for the tail light and wiper blades..HEY that works for me :).. 

Morning was just a little hectic and Ms Reba..well her little antics are still going strong but I gave her a dose of Nutri Cal..she wasn't happy and then fed her..(oh I hate to admit this)  her liverwrust sandwich..but I'm able to get her dry food on it.. I take and heat that stuff up and spread it on bread then top it with the dry food pulverized like a paste..and then top it with another piece of bread..now here is also the wacky part too.. I cut it in tiny pieces and heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds..and she dives in...but best not let her even see anything that isn't right...

Yeah when the Doc asks me if I'm stressing.. You betcha bottom dolla.. I sure as heck am...gawd but at least she's eating..and even tonight we did up some hot dogs..and baked beans..well I cut that quarter of a hot dog on bun..LOL up in tiny pieces and yep, she ate that too...

Now all the years I've been in critters this is really a first for me.. and ya know she knows she's got me...but I'm glad she's with me still..:)..so again I'll do what ever it takes..!!!

Had a good Face Talk with my forum Sistah Dawn and I'm really anxious for her and her Momma and Brother to come to Florida..I know for sure..Dawn and I will do some laughing and she's one talented lady so maybe she can teach me so  good stuff...and yes, I promised to make her those Banana Bread Bars..oh they are sinful...and Betsy if you is reading today.. You and Dick will get some too..they is awesome !!!!

Hubby mowed the yard and the field today and he so enjoys that.. I should get him one of those farmer hats..cause while he's mowing he's chewing..yep, tobacco..can't get him to quit..that's one of his glitches..so if that makes him happy...OH WELL..but it's GROSS  hahaha...

My habits..well, I think you all can tell..is getting into trouble..I mean without even trying..it's me and Murphy ..to peas in a pod..oh and I love to make things and love coming up with ideas to make life easy...and I have lots more to go...

Here we are the first of Sept and I need to give my critters their heart worm and then their cookie..and they are safe for another month..also need to make appointment for them all to get checked and vaccine..then Zeke needs his EKG done..and I've got a few appointments this month as well..the days are moving fast...and soon we'll be heading out again and I really can't wait to get back to my plants and critters...

So that's about it for now other than I'm gonna see about a new recipe I just got in and maybe this week I'll give it a try...it's a quick bread..and I like that too..so hubby can pack some things with his lunch box when he goes to Delaware..that's when he likes to bring food...

You all have a great weekend and most important Be Safe...

God Bless..

No comments:

Post a Comment