Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dawg Gone Tired This Saturday !

Dawg gone tired this Saturday !   I am to pooped to pop as the saying goes.. Me staying up late is never a good thing..cause the next day I'm slower than molasses..and even slower than a "Slug"..hahaha...

Last night was a very enjoyable night however it hit me big time... I watched everyone mingling and laughing and all that good stuff..and yes, it was really wonderful seeing everyone..but honestly, I'm beyond the "big deal" thingy..hahaha...horrible aren't I...but I could appreciate the "retirement scene" as mine was not done willingly and way, way too soon.!

Ms Priss as I call Priscilla is retiring after working her whole entire life...actually she's 70 years young and a Professor/Biologist/Researcher and a fantastic individual.. She and I go back years and I just love being around her but our lives went different paths..and later on in life we caught back up with each other..and it's kind of like we never were away from each other..wild but true...She as I always referred to her as "The Mad Professor" hahaha.. 

There was about 30 people, close friends that were there and each spoke about how their lives intermingled..it was really pretty neat and the food..well there was lots of it and all kinds of flavors too...and believe it or not, there was hardly any left overs..these people were serious eaters..hahahahaha..

Sure hope now that Ms Priss is gonna be having some time she'll come to visit with me in Florida..that would be wonderful and lots of fun...I'll keep letting her know I have an empty room maybe she'll get the hint ...!!!

Got home late and I just went to bed and ya know what I was so dang tired I couldn't sleep right..had wild dreams and was up and down so many times..gosh I hate that..and today...I'm in a world of my own..(aren't I always)

Ms Reba was kind to me she ate her breakfast and then even had my doughnut..then at lunch time she ate half my sandwich..which don't bother me and I'm happy to see her eat..but sure wish she'd try her own food LOL..

Kind of leaned back in the chair and watched (well I thought I was) hallmark channel and woke up with the phone ringing..was my friend Helga..i hadn't heard from her in ages ..but I guess she felt like chatting..so we did talk for about half hour..

Helga was my traveling buddy as I crossed the USA and she was a lot of company and loved to talk and could converse on any topic..which was pretty neat and she like me was from New York so we had a lot of things in common.

Was good hearing from her and as always we had a few things to laugh about ..by the way Helga (like her name) was an excellent baker..good golly Ms Molly she could make some dynamite cakes and cookies and pies...but look out world when she made sandwiches..LOL... She was a Better than Butter type a person..if it didn't have butter on it..well it wasn't good !!!  hahaha.. and ya know I always use to kid her about it.. I mean my first dose of it was she made a sandwich for me while I was driving (the motor home) and I took a bite and it squished ..I mean it actually squished...hahahaha.. I said, "What the #@%^@$#@ is on this sandwich...her reply was..."it helps you swallow"  and I replied laughing.. "I guess so, it slides down"...I'll never forget that moment..it's one of my favorite stories hahahaha...

Well, now I had my good laugh and I'm still dragging ..have to make dinner and hubby shredded the cabbage for me..and I'm gonna fry that with ham and potatoes and make a pan of corn bread.. and I'll whip up a blender pie...

Remember those pies..they were the kind that made their own crust like..well I'm making a sweet potato one...and got a can of redi whip..yeah I'm real ambitious ...LOL..

Watch a little TV and if I can keep my eyes open drag my butt to bed...and get ready for tomorrow to bring the bears Abby and Zeke up to get their vaccines and Zeke his EKG...

So I'll say "Safe travels all and as always God Bless...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment