Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday...All day long :(

Saturday all day long :( hubby was outside mowing..yep, yard and field and as he zoomed by all I could hear was the mower going strong...and he in his glory ..Grinning ear to ear..(takes him back to his farm days)...!

Morning again for me is..Up before the house and get everything ready for the gang to appear and hubby to stumble down and half eyed talkin some strange mumbo jumbo that I still till this day don't quiet understand..but that's how we managed to stay together so long hahahaha...

I was ambitious and decided I needed to get my jugs refilled..(jugs of Laundry detergent and hand soap) so I had my pots on the stove going and hubby went to McD's for our breakfast..(nice guy..well maybe cause I'm saving him bucks in buying these products...the fruits of my labor lol )..and then it was feed the critters get everything going so he could jump on that tractor..Woo hoo !!!

I had several bars of Yardley English Lavender that I buy from the Dollar tree and put them in my dresser draws..they keep the clothes smelling fresh and also my sheets and pillow cases..oh and then there's those nasty socks..LOL yep they get it too and also the "undies"...hubby complains his shorts have the fragrance.. and my comment is always.."Be Nice" at least their not nasty "  LOL...

So this morning I grated a bar of soap and only use 1 cup of the flakes to 10 cups of water and heated it on med heat till the soap flakes melted then let it cool till the mixture got like (hate to say this) snotty looking and used a funnel and filled several of my pump bottles that I keep.. I had bought some when they were on sale and I don't throw them out if I can use them..and I do..several times...so with this batch I got a little over 6 1/2 bottles of hand soap...so do the math..1 bar that I've had for a year LOL I can make almost 13 bottles..but I save the other 1cup of dry flakes for next time I batch... Don't want to have too many jugs around..hahaha..

Then I whipped up another gallon of Laundry detergent..ok so I'm really frugal today...but it does save bucks and I get good results and that's all that counts...Must be something with me lately.. I've been doing a lot of research again looking for a few more goodies to make up..UH OH...look out world here I come :)

Kind of like what I did..created my own products and traveled around the world setting up distributors...Thanks Pepsi for teaching me the ins and outs of Marketing and Government Gobblely GooK..cause there's sure is a lot of that..and boy I met some wonderful people and enjoyed so many cultures..goodness... maybe one of these days I'll put that book together..lots of good stories I can promise you that...

I'm going to give Ms Reba her bath for tomorrow's visit with Saul and boy I'm a little jittery but I have to do it.. I so want it to be simple..but I know better than that.. I mean is anything ever simple in life ?  

For dinner tonight is Carbonara and Salad..simple dish my family use to make and then we'll watch a  movie and try to relax...as our appointment is at 2pm ..hubby will go to church in the morning and then we'll head up...

So that's about it other than I'm gonna get back to cleaning up my mess and start with Ms Reba..as she gives me her attitude of "I'm not gonna do this"..she's surely a "Gem "...

Hope all of your days are good ones and those traveling..Stay Safe and Enjoy

Most of all...God Bless...














 

No comments:

Post a Comment