Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Little Ticked On Sunday

A Little Ticked On Sunday....got up early as usual..and did my pill setup for the week..so I can live another week without any major issues..like Blood Pressure or maybe a little taste of Angina..ha!...and then along came time for Critters to go out and then get their breakfast..(now here's where I got ticked) beside the fact that I had made a brunch casserole the night before I was gonna make a pan of home made biscuits..simple as pie.. I mean a little self rising flour a little milk and some Crisco that's it and of course my trusty cast iron skillet..:)

Any way I got the big bears (Abby and Zeke ) fed and then it was Ms Reba's time..now she has been doing ok..not great but ok..and after last night's episode with her dilly dallying on eating I was prepared for a touch of the Ole gal pulling her Crappola... Can you tell I'm at my wits end...Who ever said "Patience was a Virtue" ?  Kiss my butt !!!  (that's how I'm feeling today) .

So I prepare Ms Reba's breakfast and I figure I'll cut her some slack and just use the half of dish of this beef dish and I added some bacos and her pill pocket with meds..and she looked like she was gonna gobble everything up..HA !  She stood around that dish and licked and just ate what she wanted..mainly the goodies...and then color her gone...

Well that did it.. I grabbed the dish mashed the meat and then added about 2 tablespoons of her dry (ground up) food and mashed it all together and made little balls up...Ms Reba was sitting in the recliner ..and "Hello There"  Yep I did it.. I stuffed them balls into her ...LOL  She was shell shocked at first then proceeded to bite me..well more like gum bite..hahaha... but I was not going to let her go without eating and I was at the level of.. This is your lucky day !

We use to have to do this with some of the show dogs when we were traveling on the road as sometimes they'd go off their feed..and you can't have that happen... they wind up getting ill..they become so weak...and none of us that show dogs ever want that to happen..of course let me say this, "We make sure that they are not ill..I mean we just don't do it for no reason.."  and in Ms Reba's case..she's not ill..just now becoming a spoiled brat and an old stinker at that...

After she got her food (not by her choice) she then went around the house (get this) bitching..yep, you are reading this right..she yapped and yapped and then jumped up on my chair and got in my face...hahaha..yes, she was ticked off..but so was I...but she got her breakfast..!!!

Then to make matters worse.. I was having my coffee and plain doughnut and she decided she wanted it.. Oh that's ok to eat..HUH.. yes, she ate it.. See that's why I decided this morning I had enough...I'm extremely conscientious about my Critters to the point that sometimes I get stressed out..worrying about what's going on with them..

I periodically run blood work and urine samples, this was how I was trained. In showing my Critters all over and yes, in other countries.. it was imperative that they were healthy and no on going issues..Some days I wished I didn't know all these things..but other days.. I'm so thankful...

It was also another reason I went into my own business ..making Pet Products and am still dabbling in working on two patterns in research with Veterinary usage.. Make my own ear meds, and eye meds as well . Huh, maybe that's why I can never sleep right..my brain is always mustering up ideas and potions..LOL..

Well you all know I make my own Laundry detergent and Liquid hand soap..oh yeah and also Fabric softener now too..hahaha..I mean if I think it ..I can make it too..hahaha...

So now I'm back to my ticked off morning..next thing Hubby leaves the door..his worries behind them and I'm here to gather my next thought of next issue with Ms Reba.

I was asked by several of the Sistahs on why I'm gonna have Ms Reba operated on at 161/2 ..well her tumor is so big that if I don't it will definitely rupture and I will lose her...now it's true I could lose her under surgery but I decided that was my only alternative...Who would want their critter to suffer  and her odds of coming through are not that bad either.. 

I want her to be safe for what ever time I have with her...and I want to also feel I've done the best I could...I look at it also...Look at me.. I mean I went through a hysterectomy that everything went wrong and I survived with a bad ticker as well...true comparison is a little wacky when considering dogs life age ..but I can deal with the out come ...and that's where I'll leave it..

Hmm I just thought..No Big Brother tonight..WOW..so that means "What are we watching tonight" ?   well maybe I'll convince hubby to play some cards...or perhaps I'll pick up that dang knitting with I haven't touched in ages..golly I need to get back to it... as the weather is getting cooler and this is a gift for one of my nieces..

I found a pretty good recipe for Scones which I think maybe later I'll attempt to make.. and some home made strawberry jam.. simple too.. 4 cups of cut up strawberries and 4 cups of sugar cook till everything is like a mush..sugar is melted and all.. then add some sure jell ... I think there was a pat of butter but not sure have to check it out..but will go great on scones...

Oh, and I have to call this coming week to see what's happening with my Motor Home..sure hope she is close to being ready.. I'd like to get her back home and clean inside..and maybe even go out and sit in her and have lunch..I know that sounds  wild but it does feel like I'm on the road..even in my drive way .

So that's my story and I'm stickin' too it..and those traveling stay safe..and as always...God Bless

Psst.. please don't think I'm cruel ...cause my Critters are #1 in my priority !

No comments:

Post a Comment