Monday, March 26, 2012

Still Somber on Monday

Still somber on Monday...as I sit by the phone and wait to hear...nothing all day cept my niece Theresa called and said, "Aunt B, Mommy is still with us and I know you'd want to say Goodbye"...OMG...I shook inside as I heard my voice tremble...softly I spoke...and eyes filled with tears...as this would be the last time I'd talk with my Big Sis...

I just told her how much I loved her and I will miss her...I couldn't get the words to come out right..I felt like I was tripping over my tongue...then I heard my voice say, "Go home Sis...Mom and Pop are waiting for you"...

These words were so hard to get out... I didn't really want to say "Good bye"...but I did want to tell her...she would have no more pain and suffering...and she'd be with our family again...like we use to be when we were kids..

Next thing I knew Theresa was on the phone and then told me she was calling my brother so he could say his Good byes as well... and I thanked her ..We hung up and I just sat and looked out the window...My Hummers were there..they hadn't been around all morning and all of a sudden my garden had
Doves and Hummers...I smiled and thanked God for giving me a Blessing..cause that is what it was for me..


I waited awhile and then called my brother...as soon as he heard my voice he broke down crying..and we could barely talk...He managed to say, "I'll call you back when I get home"...and he sure did..We spoke for about an hour..remembering our sister and laughing about when we were kids and all the antics we got into...and then we planned to get together when I got back and go to where my sister is being placed..We will have a Memorial for her and share our life with her daughters..

Later Theresa called..my sister is still with us..although her pulse is getting weaker and her breathing is becoming labored...Lord I keep thinking..Please let her go in peace and soon...but for some reason she's not wanting out yet..

It's been a long day and still going but tonight as I go to bed I'll say my prayers that my sister will leave this world and be home with Momma..as she was always Momma's favorite..and we always let her know that too...!

Good night my dear Ali Baba..(from Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves came her nick name) and may your leaving be on that Magic Carpet and Fly high in the Heavens....

God Bless....

1 comment:

  1. May God give you comfort and peace, Barbzee. Sending prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete