Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Sunday was a quiet one

My Sunday was a quiet one..only a phone call from Hubby...as I sat by that phone most the day...I tried to keep my mind off things but I kept thinking...how could I get things ready in a short time..but my answer was.."it's impossible"..

Morning was a little damp from the night before and my Gardenia is blooming more and the fragrance is intense..but sure does smell good..The roses in the front of the house are really blooming and so are the Geraniums...so it's looking pretty good..even the Red Leaf Hibiscus had a few red/purple flowers..wish they'd stay open longer but it's like Now you see them ...then you don't...but my other Hibiscus had several flowers open..they are huge and deep orange almost a blood orange..awesome looking..glad she survived those dang Squirrels.

So most of the day I sat on the couch even watched an old movie with Bing Crosby...Going My Way..and boy can that bring on the tears...but I enjoyed it along with my Critters..then kind of took a nap..in fact I never moved from that spot...OMG.. I opened my eyes and saw the babies..Woodpecker family all at the feeder..and even my Blue Jays..(only have 2) stopped by..yep the gang was coming back..and I've got the biggest set of Doves..they're almost a pinkish gray but big babes for sure and they sit on top of the feeder...and once they plop down in ..they're almost like homesteading..LOL  yep, they're there for a long feed ...:)

That helped my day go by but still no word from my niece.... I just pray that the morphine is keeping my sister pain free...and that my niece Theresa will have the strength to carry out her mother's wishes...

Sometimes I think we put too much on others..My sister never did a will but just spoke what she had wanted along time ago...even though I had urged my sister to write things down...but we never do expect the unexpected to happen to us..

Tomorrow afternoon I'll go to our Board Meeting..the beginning of the new board and see how things go...I've heard from others that the work shop they had recently went pretty good with a lot of good ideas in the making..That's a good thing...keep it positive and listen with your mind..(ears help)...lots of professional retired people in here that could well help turn the mess that took place around..

Well, I'm gonna attempt to make up a batch of brownies for the freezer for those quick fixes and if I get my act together I'll do some planning for the week...Have to get a list together to make a visit to the store..and then check
with hubby when he'll be booking his flight to come back for our trip home..

Have Diane scheduled to come over on Wednesday so we can clean up the carport furniture..it sure does need washing down...and then we'll see what's next on the list of "get er done"...oh, I did have another plan in the making..
Gonna take up the carpet in the dog room and have tile put down..much easier to clean .

That's about it other than Ms Reba is giving me her two cents worth as it's "pill time" and of course "out time" for the Critters...so later all ....

God Bless

Psst.. Paulette..thanks so much for those kind words.. I can't reply on my blog for some reason when I click on it..(reply) it don't work..DUH..another winner for me to figure out...HELP :)

Update :
My niece Theresa just called...The Hospice nurse said, "it could be any time now"...just hearing those words I so wish I could be there with her... The nurse did tell all the girls.."Let your mother go, tell her it's ok to go home"..

Theresa had already told me that she has been mourning her mother now for 8 years..seeing her live in that condition..I just knew what she meant as I watched this with my mother how she suffered with MS . You pray every day that the Lord will take them home..

Please pray that my sister goes home..and I pray that the girls (her daughters) will have peace in their hearts..

God Bless you Alice, it's time for you to go home . I will miss you every day but I know we'll meet again..and you'll always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment