Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Chicken Cookin' Thursday

A Chicken Cookin' Thursday...ouch !!!...Hubby was off to Sam's club early this morning and that's where it all began my chicken cookin' day... He bought 30lbs of chicken breast and other "stuff" for the house with a few little trinkets of goodness for "US"..

Then came out the 16 quart pot and I've been going at it steady...package by package (a hell of a chicken broth going) and each batch up for the next process of vacuum sealing and shredding..and my Critters are looking like they have mighty big grins..Yes, it's for their food...I did mention I cook for my Critters ...haven't given them canned food in over 35 years...learned that lesson from having problems with bad food..

Getting back to my day ...it's been one heck of a busy one..but hubby and I got to sit back and enjoy the scenery as the Big Birds came by for their feeding..(yes, I'm trained to jump up and feed them too) then we decided no cooking for dinner we'd get a pizza...

Bad mistake cause it was not good...another hit the trash gawd what is happening with these restaurants...so it looks like I'll be cooking for the next dinner..ain't taken any more chances...I know mine is good !!

Tonight we watched American Idol results and it's always sad to see someone go. Yes, I'm still cookin' my last batch of chicken up and then will wait till it cools before going to say, "Lights out"...I'll be tired for sure..

Tomorrow we're heading out to Wally World (Wal Mart) to pick up some potting soil and a few things we need at the house ..oh, and my Gardenia is blooming and I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow..(chained to the stove ) it sure does look pretty and the smell of the flower...my favorite.

Just heard from my friend Sharlotte, her daughter Candi just had a baby girl today and she was so excited..I too for her as I could hear it in her voice..Proud Grandma that's for sure...So it's Welcome to the World Ms.
Savannah Marslet Samuels.

So that's my story and I'm still stuck to the Chicken Pot..and can't wait to move on...just checking to see if I layed an egg ????? LOL...

All that is traveling be Safe and as always God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment