Saturday, March 3, 2012

The March Winds Doth Blow on Saturday

The March winds doth blow on Saturday...and I ain't a kidding....what started off to be a really nice day (a little on the warmer side ) turned into a "Batten down the hatches"...or is it "Hang on to your Hat"..which ever fits it..but it sure is windy....

This morning I had all good intentions till I watched the people who deliver our Echo..(that's our news mail from our community) and I was going to go out and get it and thought..ok, I'll finish my chore then grab the Echo and sit down with a cup of coffee....WRONG...!!!

I go out to my little basket and low and behold...No Echo..what is this ????  so I call my neighbor..(she really laughs at this) and ask ..."Who is it that gives out the Echo"...well, Betsy didn't know her name but offered me hers when they were through...(thanks Betsy) but I declined cause..."I Wanted MY OWN"..hahaha...well off I go in the car to track down this couple...and then I remembered who they were and drove to their house..NOPE they weren't home so I did a round about through the area I thought they would deliver and met up with a few other people ...who didn't get theirs either...

Finally after awhile I drove back over to this couple's house and they were home and really very apologetic..as my name was not on the list for getting one...(What the ????) and showed me the list and even brought the one out from last month which I got one..showing me that my name was inked in..not printed in..?????? So that means come Monday morning I have to go up to the office (AGAIN) and bitch..no other way to put it..cause I've done this so many times...and it's getting might old...so I'm not gonna be a happy camper and most likely have a really crappy attitude...Look out Monday cause here I come.

Got back home and just shook my head and then laughed ..just thinking about the moron that takes care of it...She and I have gone around a few times..and talk about nasty...she's got a chip on her shoulder and is rude to everyone...if she ever would have worked for me.. I can tell ya...she'd be color me gone from the Get Go !

I smiled and thought, "here we go again and just before election too"...then I saw my phone blinking..HUH????  checked it out and just as I was listening to the message ...Clancy was in the front yard working..Yep, he's raking the leaves and going to town...That's my Clancy...but wow as he was working the wind started picking up...as fast as Clancy was working...the wind was giving him what for... The man has such fortitude...on a mission...and ain't gonna quit either....I'm telling ya...He's a man for all seasons...

I had to go out and chat with him..cause he's such a neat person to chat with and boy when you get done you walk away smilin...he's got a very dry sense of humor and you have to listen cause there's always that punch line coming..and then he'll chuckle with ya... I do so enjoy his humor..and some times I even play on it...we both get a kick out of that...

My Father in law was very similar to Clancy..a hard worker and boy he had a saying for everything..you just had to admire him..He never spoke a bad word about anyone...not that I ever heard..and the same with Clancy...

Tonight I'm gonna try and finish up that book..only a few chapters and not much on TV and I'd like to just sit quite and relax.. Might even start that Table Cloth next week.. I have all the supplies and I need to get a little back in the swing..

Checked off the calender and only 11 more days and hubby will be here...can't wait as it's been a long time since last visit..but I did tell him..(jokingly) if you feel like you're gonna be sick..don't get on the plane hahaha...He laughed too...maybe he should wear a mask..LOL.. I just want to enjoy the visit and ride around on our Grape mobile and check things out...

That's my story for today...and the rest of the days should prove interesting as I get closer to MONDAY !!

God Bless Us All !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment