Friday, March 16, 2012

It was a Fine, Fine Friday

It was a Fine, fine Friday...hubby and I just enjoyed the day...WE (notice I said, "WE") made a pot of "Sauce today.. Hubby was showing me how Lena, my God Mother had showed him how we made the "special sauce"... I watched as he was so pleased with how our progress was going..

Step by step instructions he had wrote down so that "he" could make this delicious sauce..I just watched as he appeared to have a gleam in his eyes...He stood by the pot with the butter and olive oil ...and several whole cloves of garlic (8 total) and 1 yellow onion that was cut in half  and placed in the pot...He'd say, "Don't worry about the onion, just keep turning it every now and then.."...I almost bust out laughing as I remembered as a young girl making this sauce with Lena..from the tomatoes she grew in her back yard..boy was that a big job all of us got together and did...

It came time to add the whole tomatoes...and we use a special brand..they are on the sweet side and so good...I put them in batches in the blender and pulse till (as we call it) the tomatoes had the consistency of Italian water ice...LOL...yep it sure did..then as the garlic got golden we took that out of the pot with the onion and put that also in the blender with some tomatoes and pulsed away...then all back into the pot with the oil and butter..and let it cook for 2 1/2 hours...mmmmm good !!

Hubby was proud as a peacock...strutting around and I just enjoyed the whole day..of course we were dragging a bit from last night.. I mean we cooked up all that chicken and it was late getting to bed...and my day was awkward but good...and now I'm just about ready to crash in bed...I know when I hit that pillow I'll be in Zzzzzzzz land..

Tomorrow we've got nothing planned as it's St Patty's day so we'll lean back and maybe I can get hubby to put them bulbs in ...they need to be planted...we've decided to go to Walmart on Sunday..and then later celebrate our anniversary...I've got New York Cheese Cake in the Freezer..and got steaks for dinner...

So that's about it for our day and I hope all of you traveling are nestled in for the night too...God Bless and Safe Journey  All !

No comments:

Post a Comment