Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not so good news on Saturday

Not so good news on Saturday...very early this morning my niece Theresa called. To let me know that her mother (my sister) took a turn for the worse..and that the Nursing home requested she call in Hospice. This was something we were about to do within a few weeks ...but unfortunately my Sister was no longer in a stable state..

Her temperature had risen again and her pneumonia was making it difficult for her to breath.. So they now have my Sister hooked up to Oxygen...She is also not able to swallow on her own and they've put in a tube ..plus we were told they now have started Morphine.

My heart sunk...I could barely keep it together..but I had to as my niece was notifying her sisters and I was to call my brother..I got a big lump in my throat as here I am in Florida and unable to get back home at this time.

I called my hubby to also let him know what was happening as if my sister should pass now he would have to be available to help my niece..I so pray my sister doesn't linger..I pray that she will go peacefully..

Hospice got their today and will start their process of taking care of everything which will be a big help..as I've said before, "They are Angels".

So that's been most of my day...as I've been reflecting on my childhood memories with my sister and family..Amazing how you can remember from a tiny tot..and some days I can't remember what I had for dinner !

I ask those of you who read my blog today please keep my sister in your prayers

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Zeee, so sorry to hear this and know how hard it must be to be so far away. Will keep you all in my prayers that none of you suffer any more than you must. Hang in there my friend.

    ReplyDelete