Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Sad, Sad Sunday

A Sad, Sad Sunday...as I sat and watched the TV from last night when the news broke of the Death of Whitney Houston... I sat most the day listening to her music...this talented woman, this God given gift she held and how as you watched her grow she became a part of your life.. I know with me, she was always one of the best female singers...and as I've watched her perform so many many time ..you knew she reached right into your soul..

Last night as I was watching a program and the news broke...I just couldn't believe it..and I prayed that it wasn't a drug over dose.. Her life went from being so happy to an ending of sadness.

My day today was just not good...I was glued to listening and praying that now she finally has found her peace ..and then comes the report her daughter was taken to the hospital.

As I sat and rehashed everything I was seeing...I thought how these stars can never have a normal life...We make them like "Gods" and they live in a prison...sure you say, "Well, they are rich and can do or go any where"...but really they are prisoned into a world of being in fear of who is going to attack them and constantly live without any privacy.

When I was growing up and lived in Manhattan my world was surrounded by Actors, Actresses, Authors, Movie Stars and Baseball players (Brooklyn Dodgers) and the people in my neighborhood never looked at them as famous people..more like people that had a "Special Career".  They walked amongst us, even lived in our neighborhood..So for me it was they were special gifted people.

I can honestly see how their lives get caught up in Booze and Drugs. Not that I feel it's "the norm"...but a way of escaping their prisons...they do anything to make their lives fun.

Now I'm getting ready to watch the Grammy and most likely will be looking through tears as they are suppose to do a tribute to Whitney . Her music like others will live on.

Just so so sad !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment