Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dishing it up for Saturday

Dishing it up for Saturday...I was bored and a bit chilly this morning. Last night I heard the rain and sure put me to sleep..love that sound on the roof as it reminds me when I would be in the RV and just listen to it pitter patter on the roof...of course I'd wonder..."any leaks"..yeah one of those you kind of get use too..especially on the road and enduring all sorts of weather..

This morning it was a little brisk and I knew I didn't have to water any plants but did check to see if any of them fell over or flattened with the rain..You know mother hen here has to keep a check on those things..especially when my Red Leaf Hibiscus has done so many turn overs..

Filled my feeders with some special treats for the Woodpeckers and watched the little finches start to line up..they are tiny and their color will be changing soon.

This afternoon I clicked on my Roku..(that's what I use to stream NetFlix on my TV) and watched a good movie..picture was excellent without it fading out..they are improving it all the time..and then I got a hankering for "Gnocchi" ..they are what we call "Italian Sinkers".. it's made with Potatoes and I put a little cheese in it ..plus an egg and a little flour..they aren't difficult to make but one thing..you don't knead this dough a lot or they get tough..you want them light..like little pillows..LOL.. So that's what I'm gonna have for dinner..a little sauce (gravy ) and some good break..a big salad and that will make my day.

I made them up earlier and froze them for later on..that's what I love about these dishes..make way in advance and a big pot of boiling salted water and it's ready in no time..

I was gonna head into town earlier but decided I was too comfy and I really didn't need to go out just yet..but I will make a dash in tomorrow morning..and pick up a couple of things ..might even treat myself to something good...hint hint hint....got frozen berries so could be a cobbler with ICE CREAM...works for me..

Tomorrow is also the Oscars..so I best be prepared with "good stuff" and watch who gets what..love them red carpet walks..just imagine the price of those gowns...boy that could surely feed a lot of families..maybe even help out with those "almost foreclosures"..heck I must be dreaming...but it does make ya think...all that money for one night..when it could really help others for a long time...HUH?????

Getting ready to feed Critters as they sent their messenger back..Ms Reba giving me a few "Wolf, Wolfs"...ok, I hear ya...time for fiddles..and then me..

Keep warm and safe ...God Bless....

Psst ....hubby will be here in 18 days...it's getting better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment