Friday, February 17, 2012

Flipping through the paces of Friday

Flipping through the paces of Friday...I'll say !  I'm been working my tail butt off since 5am..thought I'd get a jump start but had a few detours..(can you hear me singing DETOUR There's a muddy road a head DETOUR)..well there sure is... first it rained just a little and then it got muggy and warm...OMG...that sure does slow down the body...but I did manage to get my blankets in the washing machine...

My Critters were not over joyed as I was making them move from one area to another...but heck I had a lot of things to get done and knowing we were gonna have some rain..well Ms Twinkle Toes doesn't like to go out in the rain..(Ms Abby that is) so I had to boot scoot and boogie her butt out the door and then Ms Reba got up extra early and came out without a diaper on...OMG Where is that DIAPER...the Dooped Diapers...so now you wonder about my blankets...Don't go there >>>>>>>>>EEEEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I also had to go to the Rice Fields...without a doubt as I had nothing in the freezer left....so I put on my combat boots and went to the MATTRESSES...(ie Godfather)...and I felt like I was working on a chain gang...no stop or rest for the weiry...

However I'm done.. I mean I'm finally done...just folded my last bit of laundry and waiting for the rice and veggie bowls to cool and they'll be put away...at last...so now I'm in the limbo dance stage...waiting and wondering what my next plan of action is....NOTHING .......wooo hooo...

Last night watched American Idol and boy those kids did a great job in the (I call )  the Group Category...I mean harmony was right on and I even loved the music...(of course it was the 50's era) What's not to like about that music...and the last song sung was..."I only have eyes for you"...What a great job on it too...as that was sung originally by the "SkyLiners"..fantastic group..

Oh, I ordered a book from Amazon  it's called "Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots" by Deborah Feldmon.

This book for me is something I am some what familiar with as when my Grandparents moved to Brooklyn  I went to High School there..and not to far from where we lived was the Hasidic Jewish section.. in fact my best friend Toby (can't use her last name) was an Orthodox Jew and she and I would go to Temple together and in return she would come to Sunday Mass with me..of course not sure if she told her mother...but we both enjoyed each other's customs...

So while I was listening to a program this Deborah Feldmon was a guest and she spoke of her life as an Hasidic Jew..I was so intrigued by her story that I had to get this book.. Now I must say, I've always grown up intrigued by other cultures and I was very lucky that my Grandparents never objected to me being curious...Don't know if it was because we were from Italy and we accepted other cultures...any way long story...  I so enjoyed my best friends family and unique customs..and Toby got a kick out of mine...especially our Sunday dinner..

If you've never experienced an Italian Sunday Dinner it's worth a shot to try it ....I mean just come prepared to sit a long time and eat take a breather eat some more and talk and eat and breath..you got the picture..our meal starts with an Antipasti, then a plate of Spaghetti, then meat balls on the side ..then main course with all kinds of veggies...then salad with fruit ending the meal...always a pitcher of water and wine on the table...and bread if you need to sop up the dressing from the salad...LOL...it's a long haul and one you'll never forget..ask my hubby...I thought he was gonna fall out...hahaha.

So that's part of my some what history as I enter it in stages..My life in Brooklyn like my life in Manhattan was amazing and the people I met and knew that grew up to be "famous" still have their roots back to the old neighborhoods...they were no different from any of us..just good people enjoying life and sharing and caring...still till this day...

Ok, now enough of those memories and on to the " It's the WEEKEND"...and what's on my agenda..not too much as I've wore myself out so the couch is looking mighty fine ...and if we get some nice steady rain...PLease let it be in between Critter time cause Ms Twinkle Toes is tough to push out the door...man oh man I need to order her boots !!!

God Bless and Travel Safe..

No comments:

Post a Comment